Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBA2C and homebirth

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 1 Replies

Dh and i are planning another baby. I really would love to have a vbac. I've had 2 c-sections for different reasons. I was over my due date and dr. said he was over 10lbs. Scheduled c-section and he was only 8lbs 7oz. I was happy he was here but felt cheated. DD was a emergency c-section. Routine u/s showed critically low amniotic fluid and her heartbeat was dropping. So the closest hospital to me that will allow for vba2c is chapel hill and it is and hour and a half away. Not too keen on going that far just praying i get my vbac. I mean i'd hate to go that far for 9 months and then either not go into labor or something happen and i have to have a c-section. I'm overweight and i have chronic high blood pressure so those from what i've been told work against me.

My question is has anybody had a successful VBA2C homebirth. and if you have what/who do i need to talk to?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
JessWulf84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Well number one: if you "don't go into labor" you'd be the first person ever because your body will go into labor eventually, provided you give it enough time.  Being overweight has nothing to do with needing a c-section, in fact it's more risky to be cutting through extra fat on your abdomen.  The risk of c-section comes mostly from lifestyle choices that overweight women make leading to medical conditions during pregnancy.  The blood pressure would depend on high it is, if you have complications because of it, and if you can control it.  If your willing to take good care of yourself (eat well and exercise moderately) you'd probably be an excellent candidate for a homebirth. 

Quoting Landonsmom0710:

Dh and i are planning another baby. I really would love to have a vbac. I've had 2 c-sections for different reasons. I was over my due date and dr. said he was over 10lbs. Scheduled c-section and he was only 8lbs 7oz. I was happy he was here but felt cheated. DD was a emergency c-section. Routine u/s showed critically low amniotic fluid and her heartbeat was dropping. So the closest hospital to me that will allow for vba2c is chapel hill and it is and hour and a half away. Not too keen on going that far just praying i get my vbac. I mean i'd hate to go that far for 9 months and then either not go into labor or something happen and i have to have a c-section. I'm overweight and i have chronic high blood pressure so those from what i've been told work against me.

My question is has anybody had a successful VBA2C homebirth. and if you have what/who do i need to talk to?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)