Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home remedy for severely clogged ears?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

My ear is severely clogged and has been for several days now.  What can I do about it short of going to an ENT?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ty355172
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Breast milk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

This is what I did. Get a thick coffee mug-one with no metal so it doesn't burn you. Wet a washcloth to where it is very, very wet, but not dripping. Loosely ball the washcloth up and put it in the coffee mug. Place coffee mug in microwave and heat until the washcloth starts steaming (took about 30 seconds for me). Take coffee mug and place opening around clogged ear, tilting your ear to prevent any hot drips from washcloth to hit you. Keep it over your ear until steam dissapates or your ear gets too hot. Repeat as often as necessary. I was able to get rid of an ear infection with that coupled with Advil Cold and Congestion (because clogged ears sometimes come from congestion). Hope this helps.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Ear candles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_muffin_
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Peroxide and water, then gently flush with hot water.
ParanormalSarah
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Either Ear Candles (at GNC in some states or other all natural stores) or you can try peroxide, baking soda and water or even apple cider vinegar in your ear.

PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Awesome. I have the same problem/question. lol. I will have to try some of those too... thank you! lol. And i hope you get to feelin better soon! It sucks feeling like your living underwater. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)