Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Precocious Puberty-please help.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 20 Replies

My daughter is 18 months old and the endocrinologist speculates that she has precocious puberty. Most likely he'll want to treat it with Lupron but Ive heard horror stories about that drug and would prefer to go a more natural route for treatment. I dont know what avenues I can take? Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

No idea, bump

VintageWife
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Can you explain it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Why do they think she has that? I was just looking up the ways they suspect that stuff. It said if you don't do something about it they won't reach full height because their growth stops way too early.

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

why do they suspect it? have you gotten a second opinion?

Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Quoting Mrs.Salz:

No idea, bump

Jnc91
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I always thought that was when like 5 and 6 year olds start showing puberty signs. I never thought an 18 month old could experience that
larissalarie
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I'm curious what her symptoms are as well....I've never heard of it in someone so young...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccgardner27
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I started to notice that my daughter had a breast bump and that one of her bumps started to get bigger. That's the only symptom. The endocrinologist said he was certain that she has precocious puberty and ordered blood tests, an ultrasound of her overies to check for an ovarian cyst or tumor, and an xray of her hand to check bone growth. We go in next week to get the results of the tests to see what's causing it. Essentially something in her body is telling it to release an excess of estrogen.

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Along with endocrinoligist I would seek a second opinion as well as meet with a whole pediatrician. While Lupron might seem frightening, the potential hazards of early puberty and hormonal exposure, not to mention psychological effects, are also frightening. A well informed and comprehensive approach is ideal. Also, listen to you mommy gut, it is powerful. Good luck momma and pls keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I have no advice but im sorry youre dealing with this
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)