Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Due Date Instincts?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am due on March 25th with my first baby. My sweetie and I both have a strong feeling like he's gonna come early! Have you ladies ever just had a feeling on when your little one was going to arrive? Were you right?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetMc
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
The due date I calculated for my first was July 27. She came August 12. For the second I calculated January 25. She was born yesterday. So, for me, no. Gut feelings didn't sway reality at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I was SURE i was going to have dd early but every day I would wake up more pregnant than the night before! I went into labor the day before her due date and she was born exactly on her due date. Full 40 freakin weeks. lol.

BUT I think it's my fault cuz I asked my sister (when I estimated my due date) if she thought her daughter would mind sharing a bday. lol. And they do. 2 years apart. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inkaholicj
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM
With my first I was sure she would be born on my birthday March 29 even tho she wasn't due until April 16. She was born March 25.
With my second I knew he would be a Halloween baby even tho he was due November 26. He was born October 30.
With my most recent I was convinced he would make his appearance at the hockey home opening game October 11. He was born the next morning and labor actually started at the game. I'd say my intuition has been fairly accurate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I never had a feeling with my other 2 but this little girl is due April 30th and I have a feeling she will be born on the 22nd. We will see if I'm right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiarore
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
My son was due April 10 and I felt he'd be born in March - he was (March 18). My daughter was due May 21, but I was fairly sure she'd come earlier too - and I actually told her April 29 that I was ready now, so she could come whenever she was ready - I went into labor that night and she was born 1:30am April 30. (both kids were healthy and over 7lbs, btw).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKalila
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Ask me again in Aug/Sept lol. 

No with my second I had a feeling we would go over again and I was right on that one...  This time around I'm due in the middle of Aug, but looking back at my first two they were both born over 40 weeks and two days (well, the second morning) past a full moon.  Logically I know that could be a fluke and this one may be diff... but I still feel like that's what's gonna happen again. We'll see! 

MamaKalila
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM

My son was born April 30th too!  He was due April 19th though.. I was hoping we'd hit May but didn't expect to lol. 

Quoting chiarore:

My son was due April 10 and I felt he'd be born in March - he was (March 18). My daughter was due May 21, but I was fairly sure she'd come earlier too - and I actually told her April 29 that I was ready now, so she could come whenever she was ready - I went into labor that night and she was born 1:30am April 30. (both kids were healthy and over 7lbs, btw).

chiarore
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha so was I! I was really hoping for May 1 - guess I should have waited a day to tell her I was ready!

Quoting MamaKalila:

My son was born April 30th too!  He was due April 19th though.. I was hoping we'd hit May but didn't expect to lol. 

Quoting chiarore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiarore
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
What year was your son born btw? Baby girl's 2011 (she's 9 months).

Quoting MamaKalila:

Quoting chiarore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKalila
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Awww... Mine was 2010. I can't believe he's gonna be 2 in a few months... Just goes so fast! 

Quoting chiarore:

What year was your son born btw? Baby girl's 2011 (she's 9 months).

Quoting MamaKalila:

Quoting chiarore:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)