Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upper Back Pain

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

I've been having upper-mid- right about where my bra strap crosses my back- pain. I've been really watching my posture, sitting on my stability ball and stretching. I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant, and I just have no idea what to do. Right now, this and the sciatic nerve pain (though a nice warm shower seems to help that one) are my 2 biggest complaints, so I'm happy about that, but this is making it hard (harder) to breath!

Please help!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Toomsie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be your gallbladder...but I also had that pain and it would actually radiate right through to my rib in the front, something that helped me is my wife told me to stand on my hands and knees and then would give me a back/spine rub, she would put a little pressure on my spine and actually got my back to pop slightly (very carefully) and the 'spasm' or whatever it was disappeared after the third time she rubbed my back like that.

I don't miss that pain, it was the worst pregnancy 'niggle' I had of everything including the morning sickness.

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Have you tried a chiropractor? Thats what I would do! I'm not sure what that pain is. I had horrible sciatic pain with my second pregnancy and wish I would have went
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedievalMama
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I wish my insurance would cover a chiropractor! I have a friend who is a massage therapist, but they don't live close enough to see.

Quoting jconney80:

Have you tried a chiropractor? Thats what I would do! I'm not sure what that pain is. I had horrible sciatic pain with my second pregnancy and wish I would have went

JadedFaerie
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I got this for about 4weeks, it went away. If I get really  tired it comes back.

Nothing to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)