Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a WAHM carrier/sling?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you have a sling or wrap or carrier by a WAHM? Do you recommend a brand of WAHM carrier/sling?

I have a sling by sleepy baby productions, I am also close to the mom who runs Shiny stars (on FB and her own site too) and she makes ring sling, pods, and even some structured carriers.  I love both of these WAHM.

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hillmom
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I do have a stretchy warp that was made by a WAHM. However, after we attended the International Babywearing Conference June 2010 she stopped making them due to all the legal hoops she had to jump through and the liability issues. 

I make my own warps using jersey knit (no sew) or cotton gauze (it is NOT like the medical gauze). Slings are very easy to make also, especially if you want one that is completely unpadded. Mei Tais are easy as well (and some other Asian style carriers are even easier) but they do take a lot of time to sew. I just bought my first Rebozo, and they can be found fairly inexpensive. Mine was $25 (including shipping) and I have a friend whose sister-in-law was born and mostly raised in Mexico. They said they could pick some up for under $20 in Mexico for me.  

Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Yep all my carriers were made by my friend. I have a ring sling a Mai tei and a stretchy wrap.

Raeann11
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I made mine. One like a Moby wrap and one that is tube like.

LaughterHugs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

yup

http://www.etsy.com/shop/babyette

looooooooooove it

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Yes, several. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Oh what a cute picture!!

Quoting LaughterHugs:

yup

http://www.etsy.com/shop/babyette

looooooooooove it

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I made my own gauze wrap.  My ring sling is babyette (I think).  My podaegi is Uh Boo Bah Baby.  all WAHM

Jules_
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM

My friend made my Moby style wrap. I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)