Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearing

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 25 Replies
Im curious. How long did your lo allow you to carry them around? I miss it, but my 2 yo won't have it anymore. She's too active for that now.
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dhiannian
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

My 17 month old will still let me or hubby wear him in the hip hammock. He started hating the Moby at a few months old though.

My newborn loves the Moby, hopefully she continues to do so cause it's so much easier wearing her:)

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

My 9 month old would let me wear him around with a Moby or Ergo all day if I felt like it.  If he would go in a back carry I'd be fine with that but he's too grabby and too strong for that :)

inkaholicj
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM
My 4 month old would probably stay in his Boba all day if I let him. My older two hated being worn when they were little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I didn't learn anything about babywearing until my son was 3. I am interested in knowing how long women babywear per child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:24 AM

she is 21 months and her eyes still light up when she sees me put on the sling!  She then walks over to me and waits for me to pick her up!  Girl is 26 lbs though, so I cant hold her for too long without marking my shoulders.  I have THE HIPSTER--it kind of is like a messenger bag, that it goes across the back and you wear the baby on the hip to distribute their weight reducing the strain on your neck and back.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
My two and a half year old would love forv me to wear him just about all the time, I think. But he's almost 30 lbs, I'm nine months pregnant, and all I have at the moment is a Moby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char07
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My 3 1/2 year old loves to be worn on my back in the ergo, my 20 mo loves being worn both on my hip and on my back, and I am pg with our next as well.  My 4 yo would love to be worn but knows she can't (physically she can and her and my 3 yo are about the same size and fit but she understand I can't do that).  I am really hoping my 3 yo gets better about walking soon as I don't want it to be a fight to get her to walk once the baby is here in the fall and I don't know how much longer I can stand to carry her and her sister both long distances.  My 20 mo is just getting to a point where she sometimes wants up and sometimes she really really wants down.

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

My 2 year old is still worn when we are in town, and when he is tired I put him on my back. It doesn't take long and he is asleep, but that is the only way to get him to take a nap. For long walks, my almost 5 year old can be worn in a woven wrap. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM

My son is 12 months and only likes to be worn for less than 20 minutes at a time (unless he falls asleep).

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Christian is 10 months old and would hang out on my back all day if I let him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)