• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many teeth

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

are toddlers supposed to have total?

we've got 14 right now. 2 of which that are still coming through but are very visable. and another 2 ( i suspect) that are trying to come through on the bottom (4 eye teeth) that'll make 16. how many more before the teething nightmare is over?

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
helema24
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

if they are EBF it can take up to 2 years for all of the teeth to fully come in.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Wow! I have never heard that pp! I will have to research. I always thought it had more to do with genetics on how soon and fast a child cut teeth. There are 20 primary teeth and most children have cut all by 3 years of age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

shes not breastfed. she hardly even drink cows milk. sometimes (rarely) has a sippy of toddler formula. 

Quoting helema24:

if they are EBF it can take up to 2 years for all of the teeth to fully come in.

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

Liebevoll_mami
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

OMGOSH were only 6 away?! this pain is almost over! YAY! we've had non stop cutting of teeth  since a little before she turned a year. i'm so so so done.

Quoting hriabywx4:

Wow! I have never heard that pp! I will have to research. I always thought it had more to do with genetics on how soon and fast a child cut teeth. There are 20 primary teeth and most children have cut all by 3 years of age.

CafeMom Tickers

JoJoBean8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I have no clue but I hate teething!

peanut06
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I found this cool chart online (well, one like it, but still) that I gauge my kiddos' teeth by.  My dd is way behind, but I somehow doubt she will have the proper amount ofbaby teeth (3.5 years old and still has none of the 4 front bottom teeth, and missing 2 of the equivalent on top, and didn't start her first teeth till 16 months--probably genetic from my father's side, but she still manages to eat almost anything she wants, just using her back teeth instead).  Thankfully, ds has been on schedule and hasn't been too miserable for long when his are breaking through (we're 19 months now and all 4 canine teeth are coming in this week, and it's been mostly just drooling, chewing on fingers, and extra naps).

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)