• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you could be a gestational surrogate?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 56 Replies

the egg and sperm don't belong to either one of you. YOu use donor egg and sperm or the intended parents. 

I don't know if I can honestly. I would want to keep the baby.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0206
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Yes, as long as the baby was in no way mine. I would have a hard time using my own egg and then not keeping the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smr2226
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I could not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

no. but thats because pregnancy is absolutely horrible for me. i dont even want to think about it and we are ttc!! if i had easy pregnancies i could do it. no problem. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I would do it if the idea didn't weigh on my conscience. I just think there are too many kids already born that need good homes, and I'd much rather them be adopted than a surrogate be used. I'm not saying I judge parents who use surrogates, that's crazy, just that I couldn't be a part of the process. Honestly, if I had the money (and vegetarians were allowed) I'd adopt a child myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

No, I get too attached to my pregnancies and the baby it creates.

MommaTasha1003
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I've actually thought about if I could do that.. I love love love being pregnant! But I know me & DH cant handle many kids, this one im pregnant with may be our last one :-( ...

I think I could do it if I could watch the child grow up & I knew the parents & knew they would be the type of parents I would want to help bless with a child.. Just because you have the $$ to pay for a surrogate doesnt mean Ill provide a child for you..

I mostly have to think -- am I willing to take the health risk for someone else (csection for example)... Am I willing to go through the recovery period with "nothing to show".. What about my kids/family, how will it affect them.  (i dont mink the 9mo, or the L&D.) Will I suffer any PPD from the baby being taken away from me, I just dont know if my post-natal mind/body will understand why a baby is not in my arms. What about my breastmilk?

I would love to be pregnant again... And I also have a good friend that is unable to have babies, so it weighs on my mind. But I dont think they would want a surrogate.

Amberleigh81
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I would do it for someone I knew so I could be "Auntie Amber" forever... I would want to breastfeed, too, so it would have to be like my sister or someone really close...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymanisourson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I could, if I didn't have such horrible back pain and depression while I was pregnant. I even considered it, I dunno.....maybe when my kids are older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inkaholicj
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM
No. There is no way I could give up a baby I carried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I think I could, but it would depnd on who it was for. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)