• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling full and heavy

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

So this is my third pregnancy and I am almost 16 weeks pregnant. I point this out b/c I know what it is like to be pregnant and this is just confusing me. I have had a fullness feeling in my lower abdomen. Not pain, exactly but almost like I have the fullest bladder in the world, or like I am 7 mths pregnant not 4. Bending over and getting up from sitting brings it on stronger. My lower back has also been painful. I don't think I have a bladder infection, but maybe? I tried posting in another group but haven't gotten many replies. What do you think it could be? What "natural" remedy would you suggest (obviously for a pregnant momma) Thanks ladies!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Salz
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Not sure, I would give your midwife a call.

kailu1835
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It sounds like braxton hicks contractions.  That's how I always felt when I got them, but it wasn't constant.  Definitely they were triggered by large body movements, such as moving from a sitting or standing position, bending over, squatting, etc.

larissalarie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
It could just be because you are getting bigger more quickly this time? I know I got that "pregnant"feeling faster with the third!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM
That's what it sounds like to me.

Quoting larissalarie:

It could just be because you are getting bigger more quickly this time? I know I got that "pregnant"feeling faster with the third!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)