• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper question...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 28 Replies

What kind of style are Fuzzibunz? The ones where you slip the inserts into the hole/pocket. I want to make sure when I'm looking up new dipes I know what kind I'm wanting.

Also, who uses Flips? I'm not sure my feeling on them so far. I don't like the fact that they don't feel as "in place" as the FB's, but I do like that it's just the liner that goes into the pail and I can use the same cover (given nothing is on it). That cuts down on laundry a bit. Still, I think so far FB's are my choice. I haven't tried the Thirsties yet cause I'm positive she'd just unvelco them :(

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dhiannian
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I LOVE Flips:) I think they are my faves so far. But I have big inserts and they fill the diaper, when I use a smaller insert it seems like they won't catch everything, but they always do:) I've never used FB's or Thirsties. I just got some Happy Flutes (Love them) and some ALVAS (Havent tried them yet) So excited to though! LOL Can't believe I'm so excited about diapers!

VintageWife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Quoting dhiannian:

I LOVE Flips:) I think they are my faves so far. But I have big inserts and they fill the diaper, when I use a smaller insert it seems like they won't catch everything, but they always do:) I've never used FB's or Thirsties. I just got some Happy Flutes (Love them) and some ALVAS (Havent tried them yet) So excited to though! LOL Can't believe I'm so excited about diapers!

I have large trifolds I'm using in the Flips. Maybe I'm being vain about it. I don't like how it makes her butt look big (lol...didn't know how else to say it). Plus, she lays right down for a FuzziBunz but the Flips she throws a fit :/ She can't talk well yet so I don't know if they are causing her discomfort or what.

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Fuzzibunz are pocket style diapers. I've never used flips but if it isn't secured with a Snappi it makes me nervous. Thirsties has covers that have snap closures. I love Thirsties covers and AI2s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM
You can use a Thirsties cover over prefolds and secure the prefold with a Snappi. We love Thirsties
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM
The Flip insert is probably too big if its making her butt look big. Gracie wears bigger size prefolds, she's 5 months & 16 lbs, under a Thirsties cover and it doesn't look big.

And a trick for toddlers who like taking their diapers off.... Always keep a onesie or pants on them while they're wearing a Velcro closure diaper. They can't get into it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting jconney80:

You can use a Thirsties cover over prefolds and secure the prefold with a Snappi. We love Thirsties

Ooooohhhhhh....that's what those are :) There are a couple in the box and I wasn't sure how to use them but I just looked it up.

VintageWife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Quoting jconney80:

The Flip insert is probably too big if its making her butt look big. Gracie wears bigger size prefolds, she's 5 months & 16 lbs, under a Thirsties cover and it doesn't look big.

And a trick for toddlers who like taking their diapers off.... Always keep a onesie or pants on them while they're wearing a Velcro closure diaper. They can't get into it

Thanks for the tip. I'm making a mental note to use the Thirsties with onesies :)

littlemonaghan
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I bought all fuzzibunz while I was pregnant and I regret it now. I hate them. I use prefolds wuth covers. Ol go into more detail later. I'm mobile and typing is a bitch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheekimomonkey
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM

look into WeeHuggers, they have snaps and i love how trim they are

jess227ny
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I lovemy but genius the elemental ones they are an all in one dipe with organic cotton and they fit so nice and trim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)