Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

so i came home today to find DS had eaten fabric softener!!! the purex crystals kind. it pissed me off that DH hadnt watched him closely enough, but it made me even more mad that DS ate chemicals, because my DH complained too much about using vinegar and i switched back to softener. guess what? after wat we have is gone we are switching back to vinegar and he can kiss my a**! fortunately poison control said he should be fine. maybe a touch of diarhea. which hasnt happened yet. but he reeks of fragrances!! its awful!!!

oh and a question? if i make my own laundry soap would i still need to call poison control if DS ate some? i'm trying to eliminate all chemicals partially because we cant lock our cupboards so i want my home safe for my kid. kwim?

by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (11-17):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM
My 8 month old got a hold of my Burt's bees baby shampoo while I was bathing my 2 year old. I felt like the worst mom in the world that my baby was sucking in the lid right next to me and I didnt notice. If it had happened when my DH was bathing the boys, he would have gotten an ear full for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

=(

beligirl
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM

use basic H from shaklee

it's totally safe for all pets and people

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM
This. I do use Borax in my laundry soap but its diluted in 10 gallons of water.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I finally made the switch to homemade soaps and cleaners when I had to call poison control and I would probably call if he ate a lot of our homemade soap because it has borax. But there are borax-free recipes you can make too (a little vinegar and baking soda isn't a cause for concern IMO but it would depend on how much he ate at he time).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I'm glad he's going to be okay! Do what you have to to keep him safe. It's not like a landlord is going to take you to court and say 'i'm angry they did what they needed to to keep their kid safe after he ingested some chemicals.'

jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM
And I'm glad he's OK!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melanielmcgee
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM
I have no choice but to keep my laundry soap on top of my fridge. There is no other place to keep it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN