Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

cigna insurance ?????????

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

i live in CA and might be swithching insurence. i was wondering

dose anyone have cigna insurance? 

do you like the?

do they cover midwifes?

what can you tell me about there materinty care coverage?

i have kaiser permenente and was really liking my doctor but looks like i will have to find a new one.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CocoaKisses70
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I used to have cigna many years ago( also lives in Ca..Southern Ca) they were ok when I had them.Im not sure about midwives because my pregnancies are all high risk the coverage I had was good at that time,but then I like you went to Kaiser.I like Kaiser better because they have their own hospitals and medical offices,I don't thing cigna still has cigna offices anymore at least not down my way.Check with each ones member services to compare before switching to make sure that you're keeping the most important things to you with your coverage.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

thundersky
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

thanks. if i switch i wont have much of a choise because my hubby would be getting a new job and this is the only insurence they offer.

Quoting CocoaKisses70:

I used to have cigna many years ago( also lives in Ca..Southern Ca) they were ok when I had them.Im not sure about midwives because my pregnancies are all high risk the coverage I had was good at that time,but then I like you went to Kaiser.I like Kaiser better because they have their own hospitals and medical offices,I don't thing cigna still has cigna offices anymore at least not down my way.Check with each ones member services to compare before switching to make sure that you're keeping the most important things to you with your coverage.

CocoaKisses70
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Aw dont you hate when that happens? You find good doctors for you and your kids just to have to switch Blah. Well hopefully it works out ok for you and your family :0)

Quoting thundersky:

thanks. if i switch i wont have much of a choise because my hubby would be getting a new job and this is the only insurence they offer.

Quoting CocoaKisses70:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I prefer Cigna because they are the only company that covers my nd, makes me think they're more natural friendly than others.

That's all I've got for you though, I know it doesn't help much. But here's a bump at least!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WackadooMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I have Cigna and it covers my midwife but she is part of an OB practice. I'm not sure if that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have cigna. We didnt even bother checking because MW cost was much less than our deductible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thundersky
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM

good to know thanks guys.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

bump

Laesmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I have Cigna and had my daughter at a birth center with all my care and such done by midwives. I know in my case the completly covered the cost of everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thundersky
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

thanks you guys this is making me feel so much better about me might having to switch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN