Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Im just curious if it hurts/ how it feels to pee during labor? I'm 35 wks right now & at times when he is laying a certain way peeing is difficult (I guess that's how to describe it) and I know when u birth naturally & are allowed drinks/food they encourage you to pee every few hours.
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Replies (11-18):
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Exactly this. And of course a contraction always hit when I was sitting on the toilet, which was not an ideal position

Quoting larissalarie:

It just feels like peeing :-)
The contractions made me feel like I had to go every 5 minutes and then only a few drops came out, but it was the same thing.
Now peeing the first time after delivery was weird!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

It was uncomfortable for me to sit on the toilet during contractions so I had an aversion to peeing but I knew I didn't want to be cathed so I went every couple hours.  It's just like late in pregnancy you have to do some wiggling to get it all out but the actual peeing isn't that big a deal.  After my hospital birth with a cath I felt like I needed to pee and couldn't so when they took it out after it felt great.

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM
My doula was on top of keeping me hydrated and peeing (water in one end and out the other! Lol). I didn't notice my bladder being full, but every time she suggested I go, I had to. It didn't hurt. Just felt Luke normal peeing. I actually also labored on the toilet for a while, which was helpful in bringing him down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Quoting larissalarie: It just feels like peeing :-)

Crunchy Moms La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                        ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Glad to know No extra pain in peeing...

I fear I wont be able to pee too! When I was pregnant with #1 it was SO HARD to pee when the Dr needed a pee sample, I once had to sit in the office & drink water until my bladder wanted to explode, I could feel I needed to pee but could not relax enough to go! :-(

But I hope that I feel more comfortable with my midwife, and so far had not had issues with peeing for her, it will be different this time around.

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Guess I didn't think much about it. I will agree with the others that peeing afterward is different, at least those first few times. An epi bottle, a squeezable bottle with a hole in the cap is a MUST! Fill it with warm water, and squirt away. I never tore, but needed the warm water to help relax, after all those muscles are TIRED!!

mjrex87
by Mindy on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Same here. I don't remember feeling like I had to pee, but my doula had me go to the bathroom about every hour and a half and I always had to go once I got there. I never wanted to leave the toilet, lol but I had to because I had to be on the monitors. Peeing felt normal.

Quoting TTC2Long:

My doula was on top of keeping me hydrated and peeing (water in one end and out the other! Lol). I didn't notice my bladder being full, but every time she suggested I go, I had to. It didn't hurt. Just felt Luke normal peeing. I actually also labored on the toilet for a while, which was helpful in bringing him down.

Raeann11
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

My first and third I would come to a point at the end. Where no matter what I did I could not pee. With all when I would say I had to pee. I better be right by a bathroom. I can't hold it and there were lots of times it just came out. Thank goodness for chuck pads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN