Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was 41w (I know I know, theres no expiration date), and discouraged from a severe lack of contractions over the past two weeks. So I called my acupuncturist friend, I just wanted to make sure everything was balanced, even if that meant more waiting.

4pm: acupuncture started

4:30: started having strong, regular contractions

5: acupuncture session ended

6:30: still having super close, very intense contractions, so we went to the hospital. Called on the way and YAY!! The mw I have the deepest connection with was on call! I started to cry a little bit. :)

7: arrived, checked at triage- almost 8 cm, 100%, -2; sent me straight to l&d.

Sat up with monitors while they filled the tub. They didn't even want to. "we can try, but I don't think you'll make it!". I asked them to please try, I really wanted a chance to experience it.

Mw arrived surprised at how far along I was since I sounded so calm when she called me.

Tub filled and I got in. WOW!! Labor or not, that was the BEST feeling in the world! I followed my body, rocked on all fours between contractions, and turned face up and stretched out during.
Mw took pics. Isis was amazing, she brought me Water and held my hand between contractions. All my loud moaning didn't phase her at all!!

8 ish: I had to throw up, hubs grabbed a bag, oh nope! Water broke instead and suddenly I HAD to push! Mw and asst told me to wait, I needed to get out. "I can't not push!" I stood up and let that cntx pass, then they helped me onto bed where I stayed on all fours. Mw asked Isis if she wanted to come stand next to her and watch. Of course she did!!
Three pushes for the head, I guess my high pitched moans had impeded pushing, mw told me to bring them back down and I was able to get the head out. Mw had me feel it. Wow!!
Two more pushes for the body.

I turned on my back and mw put baby on my chest. So squishy and perfect. I got all situated and heard "are you gonna check? Are you gonna check?" So I finally lifted a leg and saw another little girl!! Oh my gawd!!

After the cord stopped mw asked if she could clamp it. She did and Isis cut. Baby girl nursed like a rock star for over an hour. Before they weighed her and transferred us to recovery.

Hera Addison born 8:08pm 4.7.12
8 lbs 2 oz, 20.5 in, apgars 9/9
At 41w

Oh, and I didn't tear. :)
Everyone was so awesome about all our requests- right down to no hep lock or meds, and vegan food.

Later my mw checked on me and apologized for making me get out of the tub. She said SHE had no problem delivering in water, but she feels if it happens the hospital will take the tubs away, and that'd be no good. Shes so sweet. I absolutely adore her. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (31-37):
MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Awesome! Congrats! How old is ur dd & how did u prepare her?
I'm so happy for you!!!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Isis is four. We had been watching water births on YouTube for a while, she was absolutely enthralled with them, and asked lots of questions.
I also showed her pictures of the umbilical cord and made sure she understood what it was and that cutting it would not hurt the baby.
Both hubs and I told her that having a baby hurts, but that I would be ok, and that I wanted the baby a lot and didn't mind the pain. I asked her if she wanted to help me and remind ke to breathe.

All these things got her really excited about the birth and she knew exactly what to expect. She's an amazing little girl. <3
Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Awesome! Congrats! How old is ur dd & how did u prepare her?

I'm so happy for you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM

YAY whata  great story

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Beautiful story and beautiful baby =)  Congratulations!!

MamaPrime
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

oh yay!!! I'm so happy for you! That sounds like an amazing birth. 

madisonsmom2005
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Congrats Mama!!

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

BrittanyRose13
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)