Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Blessing Way from 3000miles away

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello ladies! Still very new here and am doing my 3rd delivery natural this time. I just moved 3000mi away from family/friends/loved ones.

I am exploring the idea of a blessing way via mail. I have already compiled my prayer team by sending out invitations and those that have committed will be apart of it.

My THOUGHTS are:
Sending them a candle to light when I go into labor. Sending them pre stamped cards for them to mail back with their encouragement or natural birth stories. Sending them a thank you note and prayer requests for when I go into labor. Things like pray for calm, strength, respect, wisdom for nurses and MW, confidence in my body, etc. Having them pick out and send me back a bead(s) that I can string into a bracelet for labor. A reminder for me of my prayer team.

What are you thoughts? Anything that would be good to add to their packages? Should I do votive candles (3hr burn time) or pillar candles (30hr burn time). I labor for about 22hrs (with pain meds). It will get pricey to mail pillars to 15 ladies, but I will if you think votives are too short of time.

Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM
What about site to store like by walmart for the pillars and your friends can pick them up instead of having to ship them.
I think this is really cool, i've never heard of this before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iMommyDi
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I want to decorate the candles. And it would be cheaper for me to buy in bulk instead of individuals at Walmart. That's a good idea though for cost savings!

I might be able to send in a large box to one person in CA and have them distribute them. If cost ends up being an issue. Didn't think of that until now!

Quoting melindabelcher:

What about site to store like by walmart for the pillars and your friends can pick them up instead of having to ship them.

I think this is really cool, i've never heard of this before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thundersky
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM

that is a really cool idea i like it.

iMommyDi
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Im still open to ideas and suggestions ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I really like the sending back a bead to make a bracelet idea.  Maybe they could send you a photo of encouragement also.  One of themselves or of them showing you encouragement somehow.  I think the votive candle would be fine.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Very awesome idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)