Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

dh went to the er........update

Posted by   + Show Post
Update......they are drugging him up and doing a ct to check his appendix. I feel so helpless that I can't be there......I have no car! So now he can't even text cause the drugs. What are they giving him? Just morphine do you think or like full sedation for a ct? I hate this! All I can do is sit and cry.....we have no family here and I don't know who to ask to help me!

Last night I drove him because he had severe stomach pain and vomiting and he wad dehydrated. Thought it was food poisoning......got him a bag of water through iv, a dose of morphine for the pain and some other med to help his stomach and intestines stop freaking out and an anti nausea. He felt like crap most of today....had a fever of 102 and 101. Took his anti nausea meds every 4 to 6 hrs and also took ibprophan (for stomach pain....dumb I know but I'm not gonna stop him since some dumb nurse told him he could). Finally ate 2 peices of toast an apple and sprite and plenty of water and kept it down. Still had pain in lower abdomen.....possibly constipated? Took milk of magnesia and asprun (genius right? I hate asprin but again I can't stop him....) so pain wouldn't stop, still didn't have a bm and just drove himself back to the er.......what are they going to do? Like an enema or something or just send him home? They ran blood tests last night and everything was fine.....no apendacitis or kidney problems or anything like that. Basically said either food poisoning or gastroentritis. I just don't know what they will do now and I can't sleep well waiting.....any ideas on what's wrong with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Replies (31-36):
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

How is your dh?! I have been thinking of him too!

Quoting 2forKaty:

Contractions stopped thankfully! I had something to drink and it really helped. I was probably dehydrated. Thank you for thinking of me!

Quoting FebPenguins:

Any update? Did baby stay put??!!

Thelmama
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hang in there.

2forKaty
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
He gets to go home tomorrow! The Dr was amazed his white blood cell count is perfect, his stomach is awake and growling for food and his fever is gone! God is good all the time! Thank you for thinking of him! :o) when the Dr said all that I just cried happy tears! I am so releived!
Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting 2forKaty:

Contractions stopped thankfully! I had something to drink and it really helped. I was probably dehydrated. Thank you for thinking of me!

Quoting FebPenguins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

woohoo

Quoting 2forKaty:

He gets to go home tomorrow! The Dr was amazed his white blood cell count is perfect, his stomach is awake and growling for food and his fever is gone! God is good all the time! Thank you for thinking of him! :o) when the Dr said all that I just cried happy tears! I am so releived!
Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting FebPenguins:

peaches_04
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Glad hes doing better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Glad he is doing better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)