Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthing methods

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi, I have 4 kids and only 1 of them was with epidural. I couldn't feel my legs after the estimated time and was in fear they paralized me. Never again did I get that so all other kids were natural and painful. was thinking about making it easy this time, but don't want to spend extra time in the hospital. Any moms went natural?

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melame68
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

i did with 2 out of 3. get up and move! birthing ball. tub. anything but laying on your back! that hurts like no other.

PS. my epidural did cause a form a paralysis in my lower left half. your fears were totally justified and legitamate! if anyone ever says other wise, you now know someone that it happened to!

piwife
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Most mom in this group have had home births or births at a birth center
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMA20125
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Well this was a birthing center i had 2 of my kids at......

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM

When I had an epidural I hated not being able to feel my legs, it was horrible.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Csection, induction with epidural, and then my third was all natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting piwife:

Most mom in this group have had home births or births at a birth center

Khelmoria
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I have had all of my children at home unassisted, even my twins. I would not consider a hospital birth under any but the direst of circumstances.

muisjes
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I went all natural, wouldn't have done it any other way unless medical emergency!
MOMA20125
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds nice, who wants strangers probing over them in an event that was meant to be natural?... BIRTHING CENTERS ARE NICE A MORE PRIVATE, BUT I'M SURE NOTHING LIKE HOME. My husband delivered my last baby literally! no nurses or docs where present they went to a emergency c-section and my doc was in there so by the time he came my husband was holding my babyin his hands with the cord around her neck twice.

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Have you considered a homebirth with a midwife? Many women feel less pain in a homebirth because they are more comfortable, more able to move around, feel safer, avoid interventions, etc. You can usually also labor and/or birth in water if you want to.

Birth doesn't have to be horribly painful; it often becomes that way because women are afraid of childbirth or uncomfortable in a hospital environment, and other factors.  Being stuck in bed with monitors makes contractions far more painful. You might be interested in the Bradley, hypnobabies, or hypnobirthing methods of pain management.

Quoting MOMA20125:

That sounds nice, who wants strangers probing over them in an event that was meant to be natural?... BIRTHING CENTERS ARE NICE A MORE PRIVATE, BUT I'M SURE NOTHING LIKE HOME. My husband delivered my last baby literally! no nurses or docs where present they went to a emergency c-section and my doc was in there so by the time he came my husband was holding my babyin his hands with the cord around her neck twice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)