Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, So as some of you know I thought I was probably pregnant. Well now I'm 100% sure, this is my husband and mines 5 baby but 7th pregnancy so I know the feeling pretty well by now. 

Anyways, I haven't taken the offical pregnancy test because my hasband bought me one weeks ago but it didn't really work right. (I didn't have enough pee for it so it was just a wasted test) I don't really want to spend even $1 on another one since we both already know, so I'm just chillin out and giving it time to do it's thing. I plan on going to the doctors twards the end of the first trimester because I don't want to start pre-natal care or planning on having the baby till it's farther along. I've been pregnant before so I know what to do and what not to do, I don't want to see it or anything till it's bigger...so there's not much point in rushing to a docter.

My husband is fine and agree's with all this but I joined the December birth group and they all are testing and seeing docs already and I feel like they think i'm nuts because I'm not. Is it really that big of a deal to just play it cool till I'm farther along???

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (41-49):
lovingbabyagent
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM

of course not, you know what's right for you!

Whisper85
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Congratulations! It's not weird at all :)  I steer clear of the DD groups till way later...

Liebevoll_mami
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM

i wasnt seen until i was 13 weeks. partly because i didnt want to partly because i was waiting on my healthcare to show up.

sbrock821
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM

When I was pregnant with my son (which was my 1st) I didn't even find out I was pregnant until I was 20 wks!!(Plus I smoked that whole time too not know I was pregnant! But I quit immediatly) :) I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries) So I had no CLUE!! But no, I think it's fine to want to just chill out for a while! Beside my baby boy turned out fine!! & When I found out I was pregnant this time around my DR's office didnt even schedule me an appointment until I was like 12 or 13 wks! So I say take it easy!!! Congrats BTW!! 

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sbrock821:

When I was pregnant with my son (which was my 1st) I didn't even find out I was pregnant until I was 20 wks!!(Plus I smoked that whole time too not know I was pregnant! But I quit immediatly) :) I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries) So I had no CLUE!! But no, I think it's fine to want to just chill out for a while! Beside my baby boy turned out fine!! & When I found out I was pregnant this time around my DR's office didnt even schedule me an appointment until I was like 12 or 13 wks! So I say take it easy!!! Congrats BTW!! 

Thanks! I'm thinking of getting one of those under $1 tests at walmart just so I can know offically, but I've never been more pregnant even pregnant. LOL

VintageWife
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I think it's weird not to test. I can understand waiting to be seen though. I can't imagine not taking a test for our own piece of mind.

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Quoting VintageWife:

I think it's weird not to test. I can understand waiting to be seen though. I can't imagine not taking a test for our own piece of mind.

lol...I'm thinking of getting one this week. 

MrsAdorkable
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Everyone thinks i'm nuts because i'm 4 1/2 & haven't been yet

midjet117
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
i see where you are comming from. I didnt have any prenatal care untill i was 5 mos pregnant. That was due to the fact that i had a hard time getting the state medicaid, and they refused to give me pregnancy medicaid. Dont ask me why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)