Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I really need some advice!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

I really really want a homebirth this time, but my husband will only let me if we are in our home by then. Right now we live with my fil and we arent sure how long we will have to be here. I really want a homebirth wether we are here or in our own home. My fil gives us plenty of personal space and we asked he wouldnt have a problem with us having one here.

I have been trying very hard to convince my husband to let me have one wether we are here or in our own home and he has just quit listening altogether. I'm seriously considering just doing it and tell him we just dont have time to get to the hospital. Which wouldnt be hard cause my last labor was so short this one will probably be even shorter!

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Why not use that you go fast as an excuse. I remember with my dd we went to a birth center and the car ride was THE worst part of it all!!! After he saw how fast I went he was fine with a hb. I don't want to get too personal but what are the chances of you getting that home of yours before delivery?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. It saddens me everytime I hear about someone's husband "not letting" a woman have the birth she wants/deserves. This is not his pregnancy and birth! This is YOUR body, YOU have to go through all this, he's just in the dugout, not swinging the bat!
Tell him YOU won't allow HIM to make you give up YOUR birthing experience.
It's awesome your fil is on board, there's absolutely no reason for hubs to stand in your way, he hasn't the right!

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie004
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Im not sure about the house. We are only living with fil cause our landlord refused to repair major problems with our rental and we called code inforcement and they we had to get out cause the house was so bad. Im due in december so we have time. I am really hoping that we will have a place by the end of summer.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Why not use that you go fast as an excuse. I remember with my dd we went to a birth center and the car ride was THE worst part of it all!!! After he saw how fast I went he was fine with a hb. I don't want to get too personal but what are the chances of you getting that home of yours before delivery?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie004
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I understand where my husband is coming from. He doesnt want anyone around if I have a home birth. I feel that if Im ok with it he should be. If we are here his father will help take care of the other kids, if he's not work and he works a lot so there is a good chance he wont even be home.

Quoting jellyphish:

Ugh. It saddens me everytime I hear about someone's husband "not letting" a woman have the birth she wants/deserves. This is not his pregnancy and birth! This is YOUR body, YOU have to go through all this, he's just in the dugout, not swinging the bat!
Tell him YOU won't allow HIM to make you give up YOUR birthing experience.
It's awesome your fil is on board, there's absolutely no reason for hubs to stand in your way, he hasn't the right!

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Why is your husband against it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN