Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

"alternative" diets and how they affect digestion?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hi ladies i dont usually post much but i need help! This post contains TMI so you have been warned! I am 5 month pp and i have cut out dairy and grains (he seems to tolerate corn but i keep it at a bare min) so i have increased my intake of fruits, veggies and nuts. I have seen a huge increase in flatulence. Its to the point that i am nervous to go out in public! I work at home so no real problem there! Lol what can i do? Probiotics? See a chiro? Wait til my system adjusts? Help please! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM
When did you change your diet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I would try probiotics but check a lot of them are made with dairy.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Ive been off dairy for about 2 months, grains about 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
What is the bulk of your diet now? I know you said you upped your fruit and nut intake, but what about meat?
Id definitely look into probiotica too. And make sure you're getting healthy oils, avocado is a fantastic way to do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Probiotics.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Precious333
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

If you just started than it may be that your body is detoxing in a way and it may go away after a while. I think this is the case for my 3 1/2 yr old, since we changed diets it seems to affect him a lot this way as well.  Also, you may need change the fruits and veggies you are eating. Sometimes those can increase bloating, gassiness and even cause diahrea.

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:37 AM

probiotics but there are also certain vegetables, etc that cause gas, so investigate what you are eating.  I noticed when I chew gum that it happens to me.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I'll look into the probiotics, and be patient!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ixamxmine
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It's the increased amounts of fiber you are taking in! Your body will adjust. Instead of probiotics you could try kombucha or taking vegetable digestive enzymes. Just check for dairy in the enzymes...some have them some don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)