Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Going natural after induction?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi there! I have had 2 babies, both labors were inductions. I haven't ever gone into labor on my own or had my water break or anything. Both babies were induced right on or before my due date. So Im wanting to TTC and have a totally natural pregnancy and delivery, but Im a little worried that since I have been kick started into labor both time, will my body go into labor on it's own? I know that might sound silly but Im worried that I might get so overdue that I will need to be induced because that is what it is used to. Anyone else have a natural birth after induction?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEACHES1721
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i had the same fear when i wanted to have my fourth all natural after 3 csection/inductions. however i talked to myself positively and stayed active and ate right. and labor started on its own just 2 days before my due date and he was born 5-6 hrs later unassisted.

your body does know what to do! dont worry you will do fine :)

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My first 2 were inductions at 43 Weeks with my 3rd I was scheduled for induction the next morning I went into labor on my own and had him natural. Eventually your body will go into labor I was 43 Weeks with all mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lordkanarven
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

My mom did with my sister, her amniotic sack tore. She said it was pretty rough because her endorphins were a little late and my sister was 11 pounds. BUT it can be done, good luck on your 3rd baby!

MissyKP610
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Im glad to hear my fear is normal. Thanks for your input! 

louzannalady
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Your body still knows what to do! Besides, labor is actually triggered by a hormone released by the baby. Consider it like the turkey with the pop up button. : ) You can do all you want, but it they aren't "done" they aren't coming! A great book to read is "Every Woman's Guide to a Better Birth", by Henci Goer. It will help you sort through the different practices, and look through the eyes of reputable studies to determine which you feel have merit and which don't. : ) Best of luck! : ) Oh, and congrats on TTC!

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely.  Each pregnancy has it's own hormones and you absolutely will be able to go into labor on your own.  No woman has ever been pregnant forever :)  Congrats on TTC and welcome!

Melame68
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

yep. got induced with my first at 41w3d. when into labor naturally at 41w1d with my second and naturally at 40w  with my 3rd

NDFanatik
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:19 AM

No woman on the face of the earth has been pregnant forever.  Before inductions, babies were born when they were ready to.  Regardless of the fact you've never gone into labor on your own, your body will still start the process on it's own.  You and the drs just have to have patience if it goes past the "norm."

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Maybe you need to wait a week after your due date but you will go into labor on your own.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Quoting MissyKP610:

Im glad to hear my fear is normal. Thanks for your input! 

Oh Yes it is very normal :)

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN