Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I just don't get it!
I had a stash of half FBs with Isis and I hated them, they were so leaky, and forget about using hem overnight, regardless of how much I stuffed them!

They've changed since then, and come in OS and I hear people rave about them, especially for nbs since the crotch isn't overly wide. I have one what is labeled "one size" fb and put it on my 8 pounder last night. How is this one size? There's no rise adjustment!! She looked like she belonged on a golf course in FL sporting the latest hearing aid, and there were still gaping holes around her legs!

I just don't understand how a diaper w/o a rise adjustment can be consider one size. And I still don't understand why there's so much love for FBs. But that's just me. To each their own. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Same here.. :o) 

Quoting JoyfulJ: It is different for everyone, but I have about 5 of them and I do use them a lot. I don't hate them but they aren't my favorite.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Melame68
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

i dont like them either

Melame68
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

OS fb do have a rise adjustment. its the elastic in the legs...

jlocsgirl
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I don't know anyone who has good things to say about fuzzi bunz...

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM

We just trifold the prefold so no snappis necessary-I can totally see my DH being overwhelmed by them :)

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Ditto. I have a bunch of BG's and Kawaii overnights.  I just didn't love them as much as wool and prefolds. They never leak and are so easy to wash. Not as dh friendly but he does try with the snappis and he loves the wool longies.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

Mine leaked every time I out them on my son.  They never held in a pee.  I bought them brand new and prepped them and they sucked every time I tried to use them.  The longer I cloth diaper the more I just like prefolds and covers. 

Trailerparkmom
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Quoting jconney80:

Yeah Bumgenius rock! I just wish their Velcro lasted longer. I love Thirsties covers too.

It is pretty easy to convert them over to snap closure diapers when the velcro dies.  :-)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Those sizes don't make any sense.

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

A lot of it is personal preference and your baby's body shape.

We use flip diapers and I really like them. They fit approximately 12-35 pounds and they just came out with a larger size too for potty training.

Quoting nkkk07:

Hmmm.. I'm planning to cd this baby and was considering FB because of the one size deal... But clearly I need to research some more. Thank you!!

BrittanyRose13
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I have some xsmall fuzzibunz for my newborn and I like them because they are so trim. I do not use them at night though because they do leak. What kind do you use?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I've never heard of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN