Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Small victory!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 18 Replies
5 moms liked this

I just found out that my friend bought a Boba after I suggested it! And she actually came to me for breastfeeding advice!!

She is not into AP or natural parenting at all. She's not a horribly detached parent or anything but just does what everyone else does that's mainstream except CIO. With her last baby she only BF to 3 months (her first was to 9 months) because her baby was going through a crazy growth spurt at 3 months. The baby was cluster feeding every evening & she was upset thinking that she was starving her LO. So she took the LO to the pedi who told her she should put the baby on cereal & formula because she just wasn't getting full (IDIOT!!). So that was the end of BF for her. When I found out I cringed but didn't say much. She just had a baby about a month ago & I brought up growth spurts. I just kind of put it in general conversation about my baby & how she was so crazy during growth spurts. Before her new baby was born I texted her to & nonchalantly told her if she ever needed any BF advice just ask me.

Well, she texted me about her LO going through a growth spurt & I reassured her that everything was fine etc etc.

Then I suggested that she get a Boba because back when our middle kiddos were babies we were wearing them in crotch danglers (before we knew better-I know I know). I told her how comfy it was & how great it is while having to chase after a toddler (our middle kids are roughly the same age). So, instead of bombarding her with info on how what she is doing is bad I just made the Boba seem really great LOL!! Well, we just saw them recently & she had the Boba. I helped her figure out how to use it.

I was so excited! I know I can share it with you ladies & you would get it lol. I was actually kind of surprised because I figured she saw me as the crazy, crunchy friend & wouldn't take my advice lol. When I suggested the Boba she never said much or told me she got one lol. Anyways, Yay! I love helping to educate people :)

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Yeah high 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yay, that's great :)

JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

that's awesome... i think what you said is important: 

Quote:

instead of bombarding her with info on how what she is doing is bad I just made the Boba seem really great 

i think this is so important because we all as parents get so defensive that we can't ever offer suggestions without people thinking we're attacking them and their parenting

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I've had fun while wearing my Moby and people constantly asking questions about it. Most people in my area have never seen one. There have been a couple people say they wanted one or wanted to gift one after seeing mine and hearing how much I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I got an Ergo because of reading about better baby carriers on CM. I'd tried the "crotch danglers" in the past and a sling that just didn't work well for us so I'd kinda given up on baby carriers.
But this is us last week at the zoo, he's actually nursing in this pic!
(so you help more than you know with what you share here)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleykj
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yay so exciting. I wish we could encourage more attachment/peaceful parenting for everyone. It's so exciting when it works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Thats awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Way to go mama!

helema24
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

i love the cradel type slings with the built in safety seat thingy that convert to the sitting type... although my previous baby only went around 5 and a half months in his cause he wanted out!!

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

you ladies are awesome. i started down the path of natural parenting after reading posts in a regular ddg. you ladies make more of a difference than you will ever know! i know you get frustrated with everyone ignoring your advice, but i promise the few you help is well worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN