Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ergo vs. Boba carrier

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am desperately in need of a soft unstructured carrier for my 11 mo DD. So far I've hear great things about both the ERGO and Boba carriers.

I've heard much more about the ERGOs, but I think it's because it's more popular. I love the idea of the foot straps and the other features on the Boba 3G, but I'm having a hard time deciding since the Boba's aren't sold in stores.

Has anyone tried either or both of these carriers? What do you like and dislike about them? TIA!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inkaholicj
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I have a Boba that I purchased at Burlington Coat Factory. It is a godsend. My ds is six months old. I take him everywhere in the Boba. We can nurse when he's in it so I can keep up with my older two kids. It's totally worth the investment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FionasMommie
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

They sell it at Burlington?! OMG I'll have to see if they have one at my store. Thanks!

Quoting inkaholicj:

I have a Boba that I purchased at Burlington Coat Factory. It is a godsend. My ds is six months old. I take him everywhere in the Boba. We can nurse when he's in it so I can keep up with my older two kids. It's totally worth the investment.

CafeMom Tickers
catholicmamamia
1 mom liked this

I have an Ergo and absolutely love it! I have not yet tried a Boba, but have heard two general things about them.. they are as loved as Ergo, and they accommodate taller/older babies better than Ergo. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia

I would love to hear feedback from those who have tried both, too! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I personally have tried both and owned both. I love the Boba more hands down. But I also have a tall hubby, I have a longer torso, and I have tall kids LOL.

The Boba holds taller kids and goes up to 45 lbs instead of 40. Overall I feel like it fits better and you can adjust it more. I like wearing my kids as long as possible so its much better for wearing toddlers. I know people swear by the Ergo for bigger kids but I saw a couple with kids the same size as my 2 year old being worn in Ergos at the zoo and it looked uncomfortable for everyone!

I double babywear in two Bobas. I hike with my 31 lb 37 inch 26 month old on my back and it doesn't hurt. I can nurse both my toddler and my baby discreetly, not at the same time of course LOL.

The differences are in the main compartment of the carrier. The part where baby goes is taller and wider than the Ergo. Don't get me wrong... The Ergo is great. Its sturdy and comfy. I just find the Boba is the best fit for me for these reasons. And my hubby has his own that he wears our kids in daily. He's 6'2" and it fits him great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I also like the straps better on the Boba. The Ergo straps seem to be formed. It does not fit really little people or bigger than average people well height wise.

I like that my toddler can't hang over the back of the Boba like in the Ergo. He could lean back in it before he was 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i prefer boba b/c of the height of the torso on them. boba has an extra 3 inches, AND a nice wide seat :)

LaughterHugs
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

hubby (6'6" and 200ish lbs) with 3.5yr old (42 inches and 40lbs)

ABC

beco

boba

ergo

BHOS

My Diaper Stash.........
EllaBellaBottoms          PLUMP             Rumpsack     
        fitteds                      AI2s                  pockets       

Check out my feedback!! Leave some for me, if you have not yet :D

LaughterHugs
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

me (5'10" and quite over 200lbs is all i'm sayin') with 17 month old 33 inches and 31lbs

BHOS

ergo

boba

beco

ABC

one of these days i swear i'll find the time to finish my reviews of the different SSCs brands compared to one another :P

=            
 Momma  +  Daddy      makes     Sparkles     &       Fuzzy 

Ask me about Natural Birthing, or about Breastfeeding, or about Babywearing!

fahmom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Ditto

Quoting catholicmamamia:

I have an Ergo and absolutely love it! I have not yet tried a Boba, but have heard two general things about them.. they are as loved as Ergo, and they accomodate taller/older babies better than Ergo. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)