Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the moms in my birth month group

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 32 Replies

Are coordinating their kid's first birthday party to whatever show is their little ones favorite.

It got me thinking-SNAP  Sabian doesn't have a favorite show, he doesn't care about TV. 

He loves to read, play outside, gardening, play with the dogs, and try to have conversations with all the kids and adults.

Hellz yeah kid.  

Photobucket

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidnappedbylove
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes! What kid has a fav tv show at 1??

Good for you mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheekimomonkey
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was thinking.  They must plop their kids in front of the TV every chance they get.  

Quoting kidnappedbylove:

Yikes! What kid has a fav tv show at 1??

Good for you mama :)

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Gross my 11 month old only looks at the tv when wheel of fortune is on (he likes the clicky noise) but other than that he doesn't know what the heck is going on.  Plus why would you want to get your kids started on liking licensed characters this early? 

fahmom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Wow. TV at 1? Even the AAP does not recomend allowing children under the age of 2 watch TV.

Its not for my little one year old. He does not even pay it much attention when I watch it. Although he loves turning on and off the xbox but he likes the light on it . He loves being outside, reading books, walks, bike rides, playing with his 3 dogs. We take a blanket and read outside. My DH said last week when I was at work DS pulled a blanket off the couch and put it on the floor and laid on it and then kept bringing him books. He read him the books but didn't realize he was getting the blanket to go outside and read. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

dd has some favorite shows/movies, but I'm not doing any of those for her 1st birthday, simply because I feel like it would be wasted energy. I'll wait until she can appreciate it :)

Our TV is on all day - that's who we are. But she doesn't just sit and watch it. We play and read while it's on in the background.

tansyflower
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM

the only show my son likes i peppa pig because he knows how to make oinking noises....other than that unless it has a pig oinking he could care less :)

WackadooMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Parents did that in my group too. I was wondering how they knew what their kids favorite was. I have never put on the tv for my 14 month old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's probably their favorite show. I should have had a Golden Girls party for my daughter instead of a luau, lol. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes. Juju didn't watch tv until well after 1, and then it was only a few movies when he was sick. His first bday party was themed on... A BOOK! *gasp!* I know. He must be deprived or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM

My kids didn't care about tv at 1 either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)