Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding night help!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

So I'm eloping next month (YAAAAAY!) and I want my wedding night to be JUST ME AND HUBBY!!! My DD is 14 mo and does not sleep through the night and feeds at night still. I was thinking about having my friend who has agreed to watch her that night take her over night once before our trip so she's not freaked out by being away from Mommy and Daddy for the first time ever. Like a trial run. I'm really nervous about it and feel guilty and selfish for wanting nothing to do with being a mother on my first night as a wife. Encouragement and advice is needed. :(

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Well you definitely should not feel guilty or selfish it's your wedding night.  I'm sure it will be harder on you than it will be on DD. Congratulations!

toopicky429
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Everything will be just fine. When my daughter was 11 months old, we left her overnight with my sister so we could go to a NASCAR race. I will admit I called my sister like every hour to check on things, but my daughter was fine and we had a great time. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM

congratulationsHAVE FUN! It only happens once!

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

is she still bf at night i'm assuming? make sure you have enough pumped bottles for every night feeding and definately do the trial run. dont feel guilty tho. 

lalaboosh
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I can't pump, but I make milk for her out of almondd milk, hemp milk, amd coconut oil if I'm gonna be gone. None of itt has sugar in it, would she have to bbrush her teeeth again that night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do a trial run. Partly for your own peace of mind. You can see how she does.That way your not worried your whole wedding night and can have fun. Don't feel guilty, It's your wedding night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I'll call my MOH! Get it set up! Thank you for being so supportive! I see so many women here say things like they're only babies for so long and how dare you have interests or needs outside of babies... Lol. Not so much in this group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Congrats on getting married!

rlhall1980
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I agree that you shouldn't feel selfish or guilty! It's your wedding night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM

congrats on the wedding and go out and enjoy yourself...from what i have have heard from many breastfeeding mama's most of the time they dont even realize you are gone!  just have fun and know that she is in a safe place :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)