Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im expecting my second baby and I've decided to use cloth diapers this go around.  I chose the Kawaii brand because they're cheaper and I've heard they work great!  My SIL recommended using cloth baby wipes as well but I havn't been able to find as many reviews on them as I was able to find on the diapers.  Is brand a big issue or type of material? Im completely lost and don't really know what Im looking for.  Any advice or information would be appreciated!

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (11-18):
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I use the little $1 baby washcloths and make a wipe solution 1cup water 1 Tbsp baby oil 1Tbsp baby wash and you can pour it over your wipes or keep it in a spray bottle and apply as needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Thanks thats a way better idea than paying all the money everyone seems to want for the reusable wipes lol

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:34 AM
We just use soft fabric cut into small squares. We put them in a wipe warmer. We only use water. It is very simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I use baby washcloths.

I also made some fleece liners (like, thin fleece. Cut up a baby blanket!) and used the leftover scraps as wipes. I am not crafty, so this is a good no-sew idea.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I made mine from flannel.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Check out There are great cloth wipe sellers on there. My favorite is "Tender Bottoms" She has lots of super cute prints available and is really cheap and she has a coupon for 10% off listed in her annoucements for her shop!!

I love her wipe!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting VintageWife: Great idea!

Quoting catholicmamamia: I love baby wash cloths.. these make wonderful baby wipes! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I made some from an old flannel bed sheet that I cut up and sewed into 2 ply squares. Those are my favorite. I also have a ton of baby washclothes a friend gave me to use. They work well too.

For the solution I either just use water or water+ a squirt of baby wash, about a tbsp of olive or coconut oil and a couple drops of tto. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN