Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Im expecting my second baby and I've decided to use cloth diapers this go around.  I chose the Kawaii brand because they're cheaper and I've heard they work great!  My SIL recommended using cloth baby wipes as well but I havn't been able to find as many reviews on them as I was able to find on the diapers.  Is brand a big issue or type of material? Im completely lost and don't really know what Im looking for.  Any advice or information would be appreciated!

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (11-18):
LuvAZmomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I use the little $1 baby washcloths and make a wipe solution 1cup water 1 Tbsp baby oil 1Tbsp baby wash and you can pour it over your wipes or keep it in a spray bottle and apply as needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanes_mom0109
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Thanks thats a way better idea than paying all the money everyone seems to want for the reusable wipes lol

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:34 AM
We just use soft fabric cut into small squares. We put them in a wipe warmer. We only use water. It is very simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I use baby washcloths.

I also made some fleece liners (like, thin fleece. Cut up a baby blanket!) and used the leftover scraps as wipes. I am not crafty, so this is a good no-sew idea.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I made mine from flannel.

khite
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Check out etsy.com. There are great cloth wipe sellers on there. My favorite is "Tender Bottoms" She has lots of super cute prints available and is really cheap and she has a coupon for 10% off listed in her annoucements for her shop!!

I love her wipe!

catholicmamamia
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting VintageWife: Great idea!

Quoting catholicmamamia: I love baby wash cloths.. these make wonderful baby wipes! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

ashuiren
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I made some from an old flannel bed sheet that I cut up and sewed into 2 ply squares. Those are my favorite. I also have a ton of baby washclothes a friend gave me to use. They work well too.

For the solution I either just use water or water+ a squirt of baby wash, about a tbsp of olive or coconut oil and a couple drops of tto. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)