Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

There is NO natural induction method. Once you try something to force baby out, that is UNnatural. Yes even EPO, Nipple Stim and sex in order to bring upon labor is UNnatural.**yes sex, if you are having sex to force baby out that is induction. if you are just having sex cuz you want to have sex with your partner and just happen to go into labor that is different, we are talking about you purposely doing something to cause labor to begin** 

If your body needs help to get baby out, that is UNnatural.

Babies need to stay as long as THEY want. NOT as long as you want. The fact is you will ONLY go into labor when the BABY has released a chemical/hormone that signals that the babies lungs have matured. If you force baby out before then you run the risk of your child being born too soon (yes even if you are 40wks there can be complications due to lung maturity,etc)

Also those last few weeks and days are crucial to brain development. Why deprive your baby of everything it needs so you can be comfortable or not go past a certain day. 

And seriously, i cannot tell you how many times ive seen this comment, in this group, this past week-
"baby can get too big"

Um wrong! you will never grow a baby too big for your body to birth UNLESS you have a pelvic deformity or previous trauma to your pelvis. It just isnt going to happen. Your body knows what to do, women have been giving birth for thousands of years, the whole "too big to deliver" crap has only been around for maybe 50 years.

LET YOUR BABY COME WHEN YOUR BABY IS READY!

Seriously ladies, this is a natural birth and parenting group. LEARN about what natural birth really is. Until then......

**apparently this post needs a disclaimer... this is not talking about preemies or true medically indicated inductions or csections are needed, this is the im full term and baby isnt here yet and im impatient and want to have baby now type of cases. those cases suck, been there done that, but that still doesnt mean you've had a natural birth. birth is only natural when you've done nothing to help it along. end of story.

**** do you really need to get into semantics here ladies? how about this... do nothing but let your body and your baby decide when baby is born. thats all you need to do. pretty freaking simple. that is natural, that is normal. anything else and its no longer natural.   

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (191-200):
lundaylove
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM

if you are waiting for me to say that i am wrong, itll never happen. 

Quoting BridgetMc:

Yay! Now it's an opinion! Headway, people.

Quoting lundaylove:

so i dont have the right to defend myself when being personally attacked for my "opinion" but you can go on and on and talk crap? 

Quoting peaches_04:

I like how were the drama seeking ones when she keeps replying instead of just deleting the damn post

danie24
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this
LOL, remember ladies.. it's all in your heads!

Your labour isn't natural if you secretly hoped the sex at 42 weeks would get things going.

But don't worry. If you were thinking about Brad Pitt instead, it's all natural :)

And please.. nobody send me good luck labour vibes! Even at 42 weeks. I want to make sure I have a natural child birth! Don't you dare fuck this up for me..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I agree with you.  I only believe inductions should be reserved for legit medical reasons.

Mommy2Phenley
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Fine. But it goes both ways. If you decide to take a walk with your family sometime around your due date simply because it's a nice evening and you go in to labor, then you induced, too. Just accidentaly. It either does, or does not trigger labor. If it's not going to trigger labor because you aren't *trying* for it to, then it's not going to even if you *are* trying. But if it does trigger in any way, it's doing that regardless of your intentions.

Either doing these things around your due date is inducing, or it's not. FTR, I don't believe it is unless you are stacking them up in an unnatural way. Even if you're hoping it does help labor along.

This goes for sex, walking, nipple stim, eating spicy food...all those things that in and off themselves are perfectly natural. I don't care your intent or even what you typically do. Looking for special herbs to do it or casteroil, that's different. They may be natural ingredients, but it's not natural to use.

Quoting lundaylove:

wow some of you really are condescending... i never once made any sort of personal attack and yet im the one getting them by mods nonetheless....

mods who were NEVER in this group before the CM takeover and you all are just in here so you can get your paycheck from CM. Get your posts in ladies, you can thank me later for that money you get. 

And by the way, the sex was just an example. i dont fucking care how you do it but if you force your body into labor before baby decides that is not natural NO one can say it is. Now lets stop being petty and just face the fucking truth.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Just my opinion, but if people come here looking for women who birth naturally to support their unnatural choices then they probably shouldn't be in the group.  My understand was this group was created to discuss natural birth and parenting and if people don't want to debate that topic because it makes them feel defensive then they should carefully consider whether they should be a member.

Quoting peaches_04:

And when women feel judged by your post to the point where they are posting theyre leaving the group then its our job as mods to come in and defend them

lundaylove
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

our bodies are not broken we dont need to hurry things,help things or encourage them. just let it do what it does, on its own!

louzannalady
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

OP, I find your post not offensive, highly accurate and REFRESHING! Maybe, it would help some ladies to think of it this way: 

To induce:

1. to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to someaction or state of mind: to induce a person to buy a raffleticket.
2. to bring about, produce, or cause: That medicine will induce sleep.

This means an artifical way of forcing something to happen. The artificial thing can be an act, it can be an herb, it can be eating a specific food. The act of inducing is NOT natural, reguardless of the method used. What is natural is leaving body alone to do what it does.

Here are synonms from Roget's thesuarus. 
Induce 
Synonyms:abetactivateactuateargue into, breedbring aboutbring around, bulldoze, cajolecause,coaxconvincedrawdraw in, effectengender,generateget up, get*, give rise to, goose,impelinciteinfluenceinstigatelead to, make,motivatemoveoccasionpersuadepress,prevail upon, procureproducepromoteprompt,sell one on, set in motion, soft-soap, squeeze,steamroll, suck in, swaysweet-talk, talk into,twist one's arm, urgewheedlewin over
Antonyms:

discouragehalthinderprevent

None of these sound like "letting nature take its course" to me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

lundaylove
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM

AMEN!

Quoting louzannalady:

OP, I find your post not offensive, highly accurate and REFRESHING! Maybe, it would help some to think of it this way: 

To induce:

1. to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to someaction or state of mind: to induce a person to buy a raffleticket.
2. to bring about, produce, or cause: That medicine will induce sleep.

This means an artifical way of forcing something to happen. The artificial thing can be an act, it can be an herb, it can be eating a specific food. The act of inducing is NOT natural, reguardless of the method used. What is natural is leaving body alone to do what it does.

Here are synonms from Roget's thesuarus. 
Induce 
Synonyms:abetactivateactuateargue into, breedbring aboutbring around, bulldoze, cajolecause,coaxconvincedrawdraw in, effectengender,generateget up, get*, give rise to, goose,impelinciteinfluenceinstigatelead to, make,motivatemoveoccasionpersuadepress,prevail upon, procureproducepromoteprompt,sell one on, set in motion, soft-soap, squeeze,steamroll, suck in, swaysweet-talk, talk into,twist one's arm, urgewheedlewin over
Antonyms:

discouragehalthinderprevent

None of these sound like "letting nature take its course" to me. 

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Why did some of my posts disappear?

What I had said was that some of these things won't induce labor but will encourage a healthy labor. Sex can help by the sperm softening the cervix and walking will help baby engage properly. Neither of these causes labor so they aren't inductions. Just natural and healthy ways to prepare for labor, whenever that may be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

our bodies are not broken we dont need to hurry things,help things or encourage them. just let it do what it does, on its own!

Quoting BridgetMc:

Why did some of my posts disappear?

What I had said was that some of these things won't induce labor but will encourage a healthy labor. Sex can help by the sperm softening the cervix and walking will help baby engage properly. Neither of these causes labor so they aren't inductions. Just natural and healthy ways to prepare for labor, whenever that may be.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN