Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

There is NO natural induction method. Once you try something to force baby out, that is UNnatural. Yes even EPO, Nipple Stim and sex in order to bring upon labor is UNnatural.**yes sex, if you are having sex to force baby out that is induction. if you are just having sex cuz you want to have sex with your partner and just happen to go into labor that is different, we are talking about you purposely doing something to cause labor to begin** 

If your body needs help to get baby out, that is UNnatural.

Babies need to stay as long as THEY want. NOT as long as you want. The fact is you will ONLY go into labor when the BABY has released a chemical/hormone that signals that the babies lungs have matured. If you force baby out before then you run the risk of your child being born too soon (yes even if you are 40wks there can be complications due to lung maturity,etc)

Also those last few weeks and days are crucial to brain development. Why deprive your baby of everything it needs so you can be comfortable or not go past a certain day. 

And seriously, i cannot tell you how many times ive seen this comment, in this group, this past week-
"baby can get too big"

Um wrong! you will never grow a baby too big for your body to birth UNLESS you have a pelvic deformity or previous trauma to your pelvis. It just isnt going to happen. Your body knows what to do, women have been giving birth for thousands of years, the whole "too big to deliver" crap has only been around for maybe 50 years.

LET YOUR BABY COME WHEN YOUR BABY IS READY!

Seriously ladies, this is a natural birth and parenting group. LEARN about what natural birth really is. Until then......

**apparently this post needs a disclaimer... this is not talking about preemies or true medically indicated inductions or csections are needed, this is the im full term and baby isnt here yet and im impatient and want to have baby now type of cases. those cases suck, been there done that, but that still doesnt mean you've had a natural birth. birth is only natural when you've done nothing to help it along. end of story.

**** do you really need to get into semantics here ladies? how about this... do nothing but let your body and your baby decide when baby is born. thats all you need to do. pretty freaking simple. that is natural, that is normal. anything else and its no longer natural.   

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
my1love
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

um the placenta can get to old and start to not work... meaning not able to contract meaning if the baby is ready the placenta wont do anything......also there are more then just pelvic diformities that and make you get sliced open.... i am a freak down there i have 2 separate vaginas and uteruses and working insides i have 2 cervixics and 1 side i can carry full term the other i cant go past 6 months. also the side i carry full erm has 2 cervixes one on top the other and one dilates fully the other dilates to a 6....so i cant give birth vaginally.... but i tried to go ll natural. didnt work i was induced after 44wks and i was sliced after they found all that out after 28 hrs of hard ass labor.

louzannalady
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We aren't saying there are not ever reasons to induce. But, it's these posts of women at 30-something weeks looking for "natural" ways to induce. It's self-defeating.

Quoting haleykj:

I see what you're saying. But if I was at 42 weeks and drs were talking induction, I would do everything in my power to avoid pit. Or cervadel or whatever they give u. And if my baby was in danger (not due to size but things CAN happen) I wouldn't want a bunch of judgemental ladies to feed me that "you're not natural" line of crap. Baby comes first. The point of natural labor is to avoid dangers to the baby and there is a poit where baby is in danger.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

The point that I think people are missing is this group is about natural birth-so posts asking about how to induce labor are just as bothersome as someone asking their doctor to induce.  The intent is to end pregnancy before it has reached it's own natural conclusion.  If you really want a natural childbirth you have to respect your body and trust that it knows what it's doing.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

lundaylove
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

the whole preemie thing is totally different. i doubt you were asking to have your child born then. I doubt you were using "natural" induction methods to hurry things along. When i had my twins at 28wks i sure wasnt.  sur ebabies can be born before their lungs are matured, before baby is ready, but the statistics show babies will tell you when they are ready.  and why is it bothersome? umm cuz you are going against natural by forcing baby out!

Quoting danie24:

Why would doing healthy, natural things be bothersome?

My daughter was born at 28 weeks naturally. Should have I just respected my body and trust that it knows what it was doing? Or do everythig in my power (natural and medical) to keep her in longer?

I am as natural and crunchy as it gets.. but I think some women are reaching just a little bit when they're making moms feel guilty for doing natural, healthy things that happen to possibly bring on labour.

It's Ok to have sex all through your pregnancy.. but if at 42 weeks you crank your sex life up a notch in hopes of bringing on labour is somehow "bothersome"? That's silly.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

The point that I think people are missing is this group is about natural birth-so posts asking about how to induce labor are just as bothersome as someone asking their doctor to induce.  The intent is to end pregnancy before it has reached it's own natural conclusion.  If you really want a natural childbirth you have to respect your body and trust that it knows what it's doing.

lundaylove
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

your case is completely different. like isaid there are reasons (deformities and such) and your case would be one of them. what im talking about is perfectly healthy women who want to rush things.

Quoting my1love:

um the placenta can get to old and start to not work... meaning not able to contract meaning if the baby is ready the placenta wont do anything......also there are more then just pelvic diformities that and make you get sliced open.... i am a freak down there i have 2 separate vaginas and uteruses and working insides i have 2 cervixics and 1 side i can carry full term the other i cant go past 6 months. also the side i carry full erm has 2 cervixes one on top the other and one dilates fully the other dilates to a 6....so i cant give birth vaginally.... but i tried to go ll natural. didnt work i was induced after 44wks and i was sliced after they found all that out after 28 hrs of hard ass labor.

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I am with haleykj on this one. My mw can only "extend" her care to 42 weeks. If I were at the point of getting my hb or "risking out" of her care. I would be asking the same questions. I only find it irritating when mom (general mom) wants to know how to "natural induce" at like 38 weeks. 

Btw: op'er I have to agree that I found the post a bit harsh, but I do understand that you are trying to make a point.

Quoting haleykj:

I see what you're saying. But if I was at 42 weeks and drs were talking induction, I would do everything in my power to avoid pit. Or cervadel or whatever they give u. And if my baby was in danger (not due to size but things CAN happen) I wouldn't want a bunch of judgemental ladies to feed me that "you're not natural" line of crap. Baby comes first. The point of natural labor is to avoid dangers to the baby and there is a poit where baby is in danger.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

danie24
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not different. I was referring to the comment "trust your body, let it do it's job".

And I disagree. Doing natural things (like sex or going for a walk) is not going against nature and forcing baby out LOL

Do you stop walking and having sex during pregnancy? Of course not.. because it's perfectly natural and healthy to do these things.

Hoping these natural things might bring on labour doesnt all of a sudden make them unnatural LOL

Quoting lundaylove:

the whole preemie thing is totally different. i doubt you were asking to have your child born then. I doubt you were using "natural" induction methods to hurry things along. When i had my twins at 28wks i sure wasnt.  sur ebabies can be born before their lungs are matured, before baby is ready, but the statistics show babies will tell you when they are ready.  and why is it bothersome? umm cuz you are going against natural by forcing baby out!

Quoting danie24:

My daughter was born at 28 weeks naturally. Should have I just respected my body and trust that it knows what it was doing? Or do everythig in my power (natural and medical) to keep her in longer?

I am as natural and crunchy as it gets.. but I think some women are reaching just a little bit when they're making moms feel guilty for doing natural, healthy things that happen to possibly bring on labour.

It's Ok to have sex all through your pregnancy.. but if at 42 weeks you crank your sex life up a notch in hopes of bringing on labour is somehow "bothersome"? That's silly.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
airadan
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting my1love:

Ok, I don't know how this rumor got started, but your placenta is not going to just up and stop running one day. Yes, you can have function issues, but it does not just stop working.  Your placenta does not contract, and has no bearing on your uterus' functionality.  Calcifications or other infarcts are typically benign and not related in any way to age.

lundaylove
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM

apparently i need to spell things out in this group....

when you have sex or go walking or do anything in order to JUST specifically bring upon labor THAT is UNNATURAL. sex in and of itself is not. 

Get the picture now? 

and it is too different. Preemies is a whole nother topic here. The hormone is not being secreted in that case. It is the womans body that typically has something wrong and cannot continue the pregnancy- these cases are rare. 

And another thing- that is NOT that point. Im talking moms who are 36-42wks pregnant who are wanting to hurry things along, using castor oil, EPO (incorrectly mind you, from half of what i read on here, lol) RRL (again incorrectly as they have no idea about it) walking and sex to try and bring on labor. then go on and claim they had a natural birth cuz they didnt have any drugs. Um no, that is not natural birth by any means. 

Just because you (not directly pointed at you) had a baby out of your vagina and didnt have pitocin or an epidural doesnt mean you had a natural birth IF  you did ANYTHING to trigger labor.

Quoting danie24:

It's not different. I was referring to the comment "trust your body, let it do it's job".

And I disagree. Doing natural things (like sex or going for a walk) is not going against nature and forcing baby out LOL

Do you stop walking and having sex during pregnancy? Of course not.. because it's perfectly natural and healthy to do these things.

Hoping these natural things might bring on labour doesnt all of a sudden make them unnatural LOL

Quoting lundaylove:

Quoting danie24:

Quoting TrentsMom84:

maggiandmike
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Calicifcation is NOT begnin. I had a friend deliver her son via c-sect who was STARVING because her placenta was calcified and not functioning properly. Her son was full term and weighed only 4lbs 8oz.  

Quoting airadan:

Quoting my1love:

Ok, I don't know how this rumor got started, but your placenta is not going to just up and stop running one day. Yes, you can have function issues, but it does not just stop working.  Your placenta does not contract, and has no bearing on your uterus' functionality.  Calcifications or other infarcts are typically benign and not related in any way to age.

airadan
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Calcification in of its self is in fact typically benign. If her placenta was not functioning properly and had an abnormally high amount of calcium deposits that is one thing, but it would be several issues/abnormalities not simply due to calcifications.

ETA: It sounds like your friend had IUGR.  Do you know if there were also cord abnormalities or placental abnormalities?  The calcifications would be a symptom, not a cause.

Quoting maggiandmike:

Calicifcation is NOT begnin. I had a friend deliver her son via c-sect who was STARVING because her placenta was calcified and not functioning properly. Her son was full term and weighed only 4lbs 8oz.  

Quoting airadan:

Quoting my1love:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN