Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural eating? sort of OT

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am becoming more and more natural minded. I keep going through my food stuffs and slowly making better choices. I live in a medium size town we have a really nice farmers market that is open 3 times a week. I can only make it every other saturday :( we also have a wonderful "health food " store that sells some fresh produce. I am really struggling with not wanting to buy from the regular store because of so many reasons. I feel sick every time we eat store bought meat because of all the junk they feed them/the way they are raised! I prefer going to my freezer that holds our pig meat that was raised on my inlaws farm. Could you ladies share some ways that you have made the switch when you have limited places to access. Or how you found individuals that had products you need/want. Sorry if im rambling im mobile so cant see everything i type! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I try to stock up on the basics about once a month.   Getting an extra freezer and buying meat in bulk from local farmers helps a lot.

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM

We also buy meat and eggs from local farmers.  My husband also hunts.

Kyonarai
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to hunt down affordable grass fed meats is a pain. I recently found a local farmer for grassfed beef, and am seriously considering joining the CSA in my area for produce. It's just a matter of trying to incorporate it into our budget as well as detox off the processed foods. I never realized how adicted to sugar I was till I started trying to avoid eating it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN