Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Natural Mamas Handle Tooth Care???

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 22 Replies
I've always been a mainstream lemming when it comes to oral care for me and the kiddos, but now I'm doubting that! How do you natural moms care for teeth and how well is it working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Baking soda and EOs for brushing (just bs works too), and water and EOs for mouth wash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM
So you just brush with BS & oil and that's that? (sounds awesome)

Quoting jellyphish:

Baking soda and EOs for brushing (just bs works too), and water and EOs for mouth wash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Weleda tooth gel. I like it and do not mind using it myself. No flouride, all natural, and is safe if swallowed. My 13 month old loves brushing his teeth. So much so that we have to distract him when we are done otherwise he becomes upset when we take away the toothbrush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I am not one to ask my DD has 2 cavities :(

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm using a homemade tooth soap recipe right now made with coconut oil, dr. bronner's soap, and baking soda but I'm not really liking it after a few weeks of using it.

I've also tried using just a few drops of dr. bronner's soap and that is better than the tooth soap but not great.

I'm going to try this next but I need to get a few more ingredients http://wellnessmama.com/2500/homemade-remineralizing-toothpaste-recipe/ She has links to other teeth cleaning ideas in that article too.

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I am still a lemming I guess...hubby and I have awful teeth so we just follow basically the toothpaste regimen recommended by their dentists..now the baby I still BF at night and some dentists frown on that..thankfuly mine doesnt.

My kids dentists is from one of the top school in the country UNC chapel hills oral surgery clinic sends him once a week to my town to do dental screenings and work.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Sometimes I'll mix in some vegetable glycerine to make it into an actual paste, but it's not necessary.

Quoting larissalarie:

So you just brush with BS & oil and that's that? (sounds awesome)

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiaras_mommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I buy fluoride free Burt's Bees mint toothpaste. It's natural and makes your breath smell lovely and it's even good for the kiddos. We also go to the dentist but we don't do the fluoride treatments.

madisonsmom2005
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I have to admit, My family still uses regular toothpaste. I am obsessed with clean teeth. I don't think I could ever change this part of my daily routine.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

kiaras_mommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Have you tried buying Burt's Bees? It works just like regular toothpaste.

Quoting madisonsmom2005:

I have to admit, My family still uses regular toothpaste. I am obsessed with clean teeth. I don't think I could ever change this part of my daily routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)