Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
Me and my kiddos are coughing hard from our allergies... I got into a BAD coughing fit yesterday and nearly puked :( I'm needing a natural way to soothe it since my youngest is 19 months and my oldest is 4... My oldest also has a yeast infection (not circ'd) so I'm afraid of stuff interacting with the nystantin. Anyone have any good ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM

i lov honey and sinus rinses or saline spray for the little one. iv heard local honey works best but havent  tried it.

aquarianmom69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Thanks. I'm miserable with the coughing... So are the boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Raw honey

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM

There's two great cough syrups that we like- they're more for coughs from illness but they might be soothing and help with the allergy symptoms. One is called Olba's and the other which is a little more mild for kids is Chestal. You can usually find one or both at a health food store.  

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I don't know if it would work (allergies instead of cold), but we use Vicks under our toes (and even on their chests) for coughing. Of course because it has menthol in it please be careful of little ones getting it in their eyes. Socks are the easy answer.

helema24
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

ginger tea and nettle tea help so do echinacia and they dont react with nystatin.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I would use a neti pot and take honey mixed with lemon. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Hope you feel better soon! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)