• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nfp

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I just got y first period since before I was pregnant and were not ready for another just yet. I want to use NFp does anyone know of Any links/books or anything? thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

The best book is Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wescher. She also has a website with printable charts and online charts. The website Fertility Friend is also nice, lots of info and online charting.

There are some apps too but I don't have any of them.

JoJoBean8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Taking charge of your fertility.

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM
RochelleFS
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I agree, taking charge of your fertility book and fertility friend online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madisonsmom2005
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

NFP is actually really simple to do without books. If you want something to follow, I would just do an Internet search on the subject. My DH and I have been doing NFP for almost two years now. We have a very healthy sexlife and have not conceived. If you are in tune with you body, it will be easy to do. First thing you need to do is track your cycle. Figure out how many days your cycle lasts. Normal is 28, but mine is 32. A calendar is the best tool. Write down the first day of your period and mark off how many days it lasts. Then figure out when you ovulate. You can do this several ways. You can use a Basil Body Temperature Thermometer. You can find these at any drugstore just follow the directions. You can also chart your CM (Cervical mucus) the discharge you see on your underwear. When it is clear and stretchy when touched, that is a sign that you are ovulating. Also you can use ovulation kits. It is just like a pregnancy test, but you use it for five days to track when you are ovulating. Just follow the directions. They usually say not to use this for birth control, but it isn't for that at all. This is a way to figure out how long after your period that you generally ovulate. All these methods have worked for me. Right now, my DH and I are trying to have a baby so we are tracking all of these things. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

haleykj
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks forthe info. I did do a google search and initially just got hits for books to buy about it. I may go get the tcoyf book. Thanks ladies.

Quoting madisonsmom2005:

NFP is actually really simple to do without books. If you want something to follow, I would just do an Internet search on the subject. My DH and I have been doing NFP for almost two years now. We have a very healthy sexlife and have not conceived. If you are in tune with you body, it will be easy to do. First thing you need to do is track your cycle. Figure out how many days your cycle lasts. Normal is 28, but mine is 32. A calendar is the best tool. Write down the first day of your period and mark off how many days it lasts. Then figure out when you ovulate. You can do this several ways. You can use a Basil Body Temperature Thermometer. You can find these at any drugstore just follow the directions. You can also chart your CM (Cervical mucus) the discharge you see on your underwear. When it is clear and stretchy when touched, that is a sign that you are ovulating. Also you can use ovulation kits. It is just like a pregnancy test, but you use it for five days to track when you are ovulating. Just follow the directions. They usually say not to use this for birth control, but it isn't for that at all. This is a way to figure out how long after your period that you generally ovulate. All these methods have worked for me. Right now, my DH and I are trying to have a baby so we are tracking all of these things. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)