• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couple of Questions

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

All very random more curiousity things

1. when i had Ellie last month i went from 6cm to completely delivered in 10 minutes....how can i have dialated 4cm so quickly? She was my third so i asumed things wouldn't take really long but that seems to be pushing it (no pun intended lol)

2. How long until your postpartum bleeding stopped? Im still having discharge ranging from bright red to pink to slight brown its been 5 weeks. Its just enough that its annoying and i have to wear light day pads, usually two a day. Both my other kiddos i was done entirely by 3-4weeks.

3. My hair is sooo greasy since i had her no matter how often i wash my hair i don't feel like its clean, i haven't switched shampoos i tried my kids shampoo the last two times just to see if it would help i don't really see any difference. Is this related to hormones?!?

Thanks guys.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I have an Ellie too!

1. Haven't experience it, but I've heard it's common, especially in subsequent children.

2. Mine tapered around 5 weeks with a little here and there until 7 weeks. 

3. Yes - ALL of me was greasy. My face and my hair. It got better after a few months.

Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

1. It happens, I've heard of it many times :)

2. My bleeding stopped around 5-6 weeks but I had a lot of discharge for the first 2-3 months and had to wear a pad all the time.  You could be having longer bleeding this time if you aren't able to rest as much because you have more children to take care of.

mjrex87
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I still had spotting at 6 weeks pp. And my hair is really annoying me as well. It gets oily really quickly and it itches like crazy. I'm 8 weeks pp now. I'm assuming it's hormones...My face has been breaking out too. I really hope it gets back to normal soon!

JazzysWifey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

All very random more curiousity things

1. when i had Ellie last month i went from 6cm to completely delivered in 10 minutes....how can i have dialated 4cm so quickly? She was my third so i asumed things wouldn't take really long but that seems to be pushing it (no pun intended lol)

that is very fast! not sure what to say on that...

2. How long until your postpartum bleeding stopped? Im still having discharge ranging from bright red to pink to slight brown its been 5 weeks. Its just enough that its annoying and i have to wear light day pads, usually two a day. Both my other kiddos i was done entirely by 3-4weeks.

both mine were about 5 weeks. sucks.

3. My hair is sooo greasy since i had her no matter how often i wash my hair i don't feel like its clean, i haven't switched shampoos i tried my kids shampoo the last two times just to see if it would help i don't really see any difference. Is this related to hormones?!?

ughhhh this has been mine since having my son... it's better now (slightly) at almost 11m pp.... but i used to be able to go every other day (48 hrs) between washing now i have to wash every 24 hours

Thanks guys.

Lilypie - (GmqZ)Lilypie - (4sah)

JoJoBean8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM

1. My second birth was quicker then my first

2. I think it stopped around 5 weeks

3. I was greasy every where and once the greasiness went away my hair started falling out. PP is so much fun!

Angeldolphine
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:04 PM

For one, my mother had ten children. I can't remember which birth it was, but my mother was talking happily to the nurse and then said "Baby's coming!" The nurse didn't believe her because she was too happy, but my father put on his gloves. The head was coming out and my dad got the gloves on in time to catch the baby. The nurse ran out of the room lol.

Angeldolphine
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Ha, mine did the opposite. I used to have really greasy hair and now I have dry and itchy hair and hardly any grease. Also, until I got my cycle back, I had almost no acne. None at all when pregnant.

Quoting mjrex87:

I still had spotting at 6 weeks pp. And my hair is really annoying me as well. It gets oily really quickly and it itches like crazy. I'm 8 weeks pp now. I'm assuming it's hormones...My face has been breaking out too. I really hope it gets back to normal soon!

NDFanatik
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:16 AM

1) Because our bodies are freaking amazing.

2)About 5-6wks.

3) Thank the hormones!!  It should even out in about 3-5mths-ish or so. 

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:49 AM

1. That WAS pushing it! Lucky you! And I agree with pp "our bodies are awsome!"

2. Yep 5-6 weeks. I've heard it joked that it is payback for not having a period for 10mths. It's a cruel joke if you ask me. If you bf you might get lucky and af won't show until you quit nursing!

3. I would trade the oil for the loss!

melindabelcher
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Cool guys thanks. Yah this bleeding is driving me crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)