Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staph infection!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was told last week that my symptoms returned the day after my antibiotics ran out because I was healing. Well they're only getting worse and being unable to do much is making me super depressed, not to mention my poor DD! I don't even want to bother with docs anymore since they ignore me anyway, but I don't want to die of an infection! I tried apple cider vinegar, but gave up on it. Probably because I'm so depressed. :(

Anyone have any luck curing a staph infection on their own?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I would suggest using Dial brand soap the Gold bar version. Those who know more about EOs might suggest tea tree oil mixed with olive oil, but I don't have enough experience  for me to tell you to try that.

lalaboosh
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I can't handle dial, but I sent DF for hibaclens last night. That might help. The problem is that the infection is inside me in my knees and ankles. ACV helps topically, but obvs didn't kick it. At least I didn't have to cancel my drs appt today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

sorry...bump

lalaboosh
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Well I made it to my appointment today and the Dr said it's possible that I'm healing and it's possible that I still have the infection. Since at this point the only antibioitics I could take for it would be unsafe for breastfeeding we're going to wait out the week and see how my ankles do. I got a prescription for support hose (so my insurance will cover it for me) and I was told to cut out all salt so I can get my water retention down and I'm getting bloodwork done tomorrow so we'll know for sure by my appointment next week. This really sucks. I'm actually going to wait to TTC till I'm sure I'm infection free, but that's not the sucky part. The sucky part is BEING FREAKING SICK! I'M SICK OF IT!!!

I'll keep you guys updated and you guys share info if you have it! Ok?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)