Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I'm sure I'm not going to say this the right way lol...

But I LOVE spending time with my daughter. Sure, it's nice to shower alone or have a solid hour where no one is touching me/needs anything. But I'm with her pretty much 24/7 (we even cosleep) and I don't get sick of being with her. We play, read, snuggle, go on errands or for walks...

Dh and I even go on a date once a month or so for a few hours, and we have tons of fun, but I'm always excited to get home and kiss her. And he's the same - he's working on starting his own company so he can be home with us.

But it doesn't seem that way with any of our friends. They're always talking about wanting a break from their kids or how much they need a vacation or weekend away without their kid (some even do on a regular basis - leave their kid with their parents and go out of town for a concert or hotel stay). How we need to plan more nights where the kids go to a sitters so we can have adult time (we all get together once a week with dh's and kids).

I know they love their kids, it just feels like they're more of a nuisance to them. When they fuss, they just put a paci in their mouth. They put them in their bouncy seats or entertainers so they can socialize or do something else. They sleep train them so they can get them to sleep through the night as young as possible. They complain when they're exploring and getting into stuff, but they don't get on the floor and play with them.

I just don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (41-41):
Pandapanda
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I go through phases where I'm not mentally capable of taking in all the destruction of my toddler and the needs of my 5 month old. It becomes overwhelming, but I also understand your side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)