Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was hanging out with my mom the other day and somehow children's health came up and I said that I didn't think we were circumcising the next boy. She asked why and I said the more reading I've done, it just seems like it isn't necessary. She said well that's nice, but what if they see they are different from others? I said how would they? How often does your husband walk around with his penis in the kids faces? *Insert giggle* She said never, I guess you're right. I said okay, and even if the kids did walk in on daddy getting dressed or something, what is the likelihood they'd drop their own pants and say 'let's compare them. daddy why does mine have extra skin?'

In the end (haha...no pun), she agreed there was no reason to do it and the kids would probably not see another guy's on purpose and if they did, it wouldn't be at enough length (haha...no pun) to notice the difference.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (11-14):
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Quoting hriabywx4:

My oldest (12) is circ'd, so are my two stepsons (12 and 11). My 4 yr old is intact and so is my newborn. It took until this last summer for any of the other boys to question why the 4 yr old looked different. He was a typical toddler too, didnt want to wear clothes! Lol. Now we are also pretty open until the kids want privacy so the 4yr old does see daddy and he has asked why they look different and we explained it to him on his level. He said OK and went to play! :) Really not a thing to worry too much about.

How did you explain it? I have an intact 2yr old. Daddy is not. Just thinking for the future. If you would like you may message me too. Kinda a "senstive" subject to some, or answer here if you'd like.

MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
That argument annoys me....
Ok, kids DO sometimes get curious & inspect each other/look at dad. No biggie, it's normal...
So intact kid sees he HAS something the other boy does not.. SO WHAT.. It's simple when he ask.. You say "that person DID look like u, but his skin was removed.. You still have all your boy parts"... Is that complicated!?...
Honestly (IMO) I would worry more about having to explain to a circ. why his penis has missing parts..
MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Sorry, sounded like I have attitude... I don't .. Lol ...
outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one circ boy and one not circ (both boys are adopted). They have never mentioned a thing about their penises looking different and they are very close in age and see each others stuff very often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)