Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A-ha moment

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was hanging out with my mom the other day and somehow children's health came up and I said that I didn't think we were circumcising the next boy. She asked why and I said the more reading I've done, it just seems like it isn't necessary. She said well that's nice, but what if they see they are different from others? I said how would they? How often does your husband walk around with his penis in the kids faces? *Insert giggle* She said never, I guess you're right. I said okay, and even if the kids did walk in on daddy getting dressed or something, what is the likelihood they'd drop their own pants and say 'let's compare them. daddy why does mine have extra skin?'

In the end (haha...no pun), she agreed there was no reason to do it and the kids would probably not see another guy's on purpose and if they did, it wouldn't be at enough length (haha...no pun) to notice the difference.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelambe2
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM

lol... and really, by the time he's in a locker room, most people estimate that the intact boys will be majority.

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Why does everyone use the ol "they won't look like everyone else" excuse??? So, they won't look like everyone else. I don't have the same nose as you, should I cut it off??!! Or Everyone else jumped off the bridge, why shouldn't I? Maybe because I might get hurt?!

Sorry, I just HATE that excuse!

VintageWife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FebPenguins:

Why does everyone use the ol "they won't look like everyone else" excuse??? So, they won't look like everyone else. I don't have the same nose as you, should I cut it off??!! Or Everyone else jumped off the bridge, why shouldn't I? Maybe because I might get hurt?!

Sorry, I just HATE that excuse!

Right? It's like saying your daughter is going to be upset her breasts aren't just like yours.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I hate the "he's got to be like daddy" argument.  You know what sticks out even more than foreskin?  Pubic hair!  Better get your kids a pubic hair wig in case they are upset because they don't look like daddy.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM

If ONLY I could hubby to have this moment

VintageWife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

If ONLY I could hubby to have this moment

Have you asked him if he plans on showing it to the kids?

JazzysWifey
by Carrie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM
totally giggled at "pubic hair wig"

Quoting TrentsMom84:

I hate the "he's got to be like daddy" argument.  You know what sticks out even more than foreskin?  Pubic hair!  Better get your kids a pubic hair wig in case they are upset because they don't look like daddy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM

LOL! I'm glad you opened her eyes :)

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Bwahaha! Oh wow....good point!

Quoting JazzysWifey:

totally giggled at "pubic hair wig"

Quoting TrentsMom84:

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM
My oldest (12) is circ'd, so are my two stepsons (12 and 11). My 4 yr old is intact and so is my newborn. It took until this last summer for any of the other boys to question why the 4 yr old looked different. He was a typical toddler too, didnt want to wear clothes! Lol. Now we are also pretty open until the kids want privacy so the 4yr old does see daddy and he has asked why they look different and we explained it to him on his level. He said OK and went to play! :) Really not a thing to worry too much about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)