Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi you all!  My name is Amanda.  I am 33 and live in FL for now.  I have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 5, and I am expecting again in September!  With my first, I was induced, used disposable dipes, etc.  About the only natural thing I did was exclusively breastfeed.  With my 2nd daughter I had a completely natural, intervention free birth, did some cloth diapering and breastfed exclusively.  I also delayed and spaced out her shots.  We thought our family was complete, but now we are expecting one more!  It's been a while and I am hoping to learn more about natural parenting for both our new addition as well as my 2 daughters.  Thanks for having me in the group!  I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (11-12):
madisonsmom2005
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Welcome!! I am new to all of this too. My DD was born in a hospital, I had drugs, and I was induced. Same as you, the only natural this I did was BF and I didn't even do that very well. My DH and I have been TTC since October of 2010 and I have really done my homework. I am very into natural parenting and want to have our next baby at home. Like you, I joined groups like this to get support since most everyone around me thinks that having a baby at home, using a midwife, and using cloth diapers is a joke. Everyone here is great!! I have never met a mom on here I didn't like. You will love it!!

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

bethiesmama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Jen!  Good luck with your ttc.  I hope it happens for you soon!  I hear you on people not understanding.  My family makes fun of me for stuff, and try to tell me how to do things.  And I am only partially natural parenting so far!  I still have so much to learn. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)