Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Nursing advice/?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
So nursing is finally going great. She get on, eats like a champ, and my milk is def here. Ok so to y question. Lily has a recessed chin. We are actually wondering if it formed all the way cause there is almost an inch "overbite". Well I'm starting to wonder if that is throwing off the latch cause while she is eating and is happy my nips are starting to hurt. Would that be the problem? (her lips and everything else look good) if it is is there something I can do to fix it (the latch obviously)? Is there anything else it might be?

Here are some attempts to get it in a pic
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM
What do you mean by overbite? Like her top jaw is out over her bottom? Could it be a tongue tie?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Lip tie maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM

does it hurt just when she latches on or the whole session?  Some pain is normal at first latch and in the first couple weeks.  It's hard to know without seeing it-is there a good lactation consultant that could take a peek and give you an opinion?

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Hmm I'm not sure. The other moms may know better. I would get hooked up with an IBCLC ASAP though just to get some help so things don't get too bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I know I had awful nipple pain the first two weeks with our daughter. I just suffered through it and woke up one day feeling completely fine, nursing with zero pain. If it lasts for too long or is bad enough to make you feel sick or tear up, then take a break. Get ahold of a lactation consultant! There's no shame in asking for help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)