Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Somedays it doesn't feel worth it

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you ever have those days where all the natural, crunchy things you do don't seem worth it. it takes me more effort than the normal person to cloth diaper. so sometimes i dont see the point of CDĂ­ng. it's not like my son is potty training earlier than normal or anything. I work so hard to make our meals healthy and all i do is gain weight, and DH hasnt lost, and DS is just as healthy as the rest. its hard to see why ERF is good when you arent actually in a crash. I'm trying to be preventatively healthy while ttc and i'm still not pregnant. the cleaners and soaps dont make a difference for us. the list goes on and on. sorry i'm venting. i'm just tired and wondering if anyone else feels like this sometimes?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Totally!! It's such a pita to not be mainstream with anything. I'd like for just ONCE the right thing and the popular thing to be the same thing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting jellyphish:

Totally!! It's such a pita to not be mainstream with anything. I'd like for just ONCE the right thing and the popular thing to be the same thing!!

This!

lovellskt
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I don't ever feel it's not worth it, but some days I definitely feel it is a pita!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

oh good. i'm glad some of you awesome mommies feel the same way. i'm a young mom and i feel like i get bashed and judged enough, but being natural minded on top of it gets me nothing but those.."she doesnt know what shes talking about and she'll find out we were right in the end" looks and comments. 

Quoting bbmkfo03:

Quoting jellyphish:

This!

haleykj
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Omg all the time! My DD gets these fungal diaper rashes and I've done everything under the sun to keep them away but it doesn't work. So far tho, this time I think I got it beat :) also I struggle SO hard to eat healthy and my friends even put me down for THAT! It's hard enough to avoid things you love without having to defend that choice all the time. In fact, it's just Plain exhausting to have to defend everything constantly why can't people just leave it alone? Although for me, cd'ing is still just a's easy as sposies because DD is bf and hasn't started solids yet so it's the same difference for me. In the future it might be different. It's hard sometimes to justify the extra work when u don't vet to really see the difference it makes. But it DOES make a difference. So I'll just have to keep on keepin on I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillj501
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you don't see a difference but everything you are doing is making a difference! You are providing yourself and your family with healthy, nutritious foods and maybe you aren't losing weight but you are decreasing your chances for health problems like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. You are giving your children the nutrients they need to grow healthy, stong minds and bodies. You are teaching healthy habits to your children so they can live a healthy lifestyle more easily. Cloth diapering is saving you bucks and you are helping to protect the environment for your children and mine (thank you!). You may not physically "see" the benefits of the soaps and cleaners but, they are usually cheaper and you're probably experiencing health benefits anyways.
I disagree that your son is "as healthy as the rest". He's likely much healthier than the rest and almost certainly healthier than he would be otherwise. We don't really have a clue what the long term effects of all the garbage in processed foods are. Repeated exposure to toxic and carcinogenic chemicals cannot be good for our health.
I didn't realize it until a few weeks ago but my asthma has dramatically improved since we've made these changes. My pulmonary function has gone from 65% to 80%! My doctor, for the first time ever did not reccomend daily medication for my asthma.I was honestly shocked and thrilled. There is no doubt in my mind that the changes I have made, the same as you, is why my asthma has improved so dramatically. I also have no doubt that there are other ways that my body is functioning better even if I can't feel it and it can't be or hasn't been measured.
Personally, I am not even a little concerened about what others think about my choices. It's my body, my children, and my life. I am responsible for making it the best I can.
Keep up the good work. I know it's hard sometimes and it's okay to slip up sometimes. Heck, i had chicken nuggets and fries for luch (gasp). I do feel my body can handle the abuse since I usually make much better choices. :-)
Good job mama! It will be worth it in the long run!
jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I agree with this! But I do know what you're feeling and where you're coming from! I frequently feel like "why can't we just eat easy stuff like everyone else?!?!" But i know I'm also teaching my kids healthy ways to live. And I feel better because I don't eat processed crap!

Quoting jillj501:

Maybe you don't see a difference but everything you are doing is making a difference! You are providing yourself and your family with healthy, nutritious foods and maybe you aren't losing weight but you are decreasing your chances for health problems like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. You are giving your children the nutrients they need to grow healthy, stong minds and bodies. You are teaching healthy habits to your children so they can live a healthy lifestyle more easily. Cloth diapering is saving you bucks and you are helping to protect the environment for your children and mine (thank you!). You may not physically "see" the benefits of the soaps and cleaners but, they are usually cheaper and you're probably experiencing health benefits anyways.

I disagree that your son is "as healthy as the rest". He's likely much healthier than the rest and almost certainly healthier than he would be otherwise. We don't really have a clue what the long term effects of all the garbage in processed foods are. Repeated exposure to toxic and carcinogenic chemicals cannot be good for our health.

I didn't realize it until a few weeks ago but my asthma has dramatically improved since we've made these changes. My pulmonary function has gone from 65% to 80%! My doctor, for the first time ever did not reccomend daily medication for my asthma.I was honestly shocked and thrilled. There is no doubt in my mind that the changes I have made, the same as you, is why my asthma has improved so dramatically. I also have no doubt that there are other ways that my body is functioning better even if I can't feel it and it can't be or hasn't been measured.

Personally, I am not even a little concerened about what others think about my choices. It's my body, my children, and my life. I am responsible for making it the best I can.

Keep up the good work. I know it's hard sometimes and it's okay to slip up sometimes. Heck, i had chicken nuggets and fries for luch (gasp). I do feel my body can handle the abuse since I usually make much better choices. :-)

Good job mama! It will be worth it in the long run!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

thanks ladies. i love this group because i know i can find support and encouraement to keep going. i just folded all my cloth diapers and have them ready to go when he wakes up from nap. (we havent been because of sore on penis for the alst 4 days that required ointment)

jconney80
by Group Mod on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I totally understand! While it may be the natural way it certainly isn't "normal" or easy in our society. It can really eat at you to see everyone else doing things the "easy" way. I go to an AP group locally once a month and it helps to bring my focus back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I have those days.  There are some days when I'm driving by a fast food place close to a meal time, look at all the cars in the parking lots and think "Is it really THAT bad?" But I know it is, so I don't give it.  It's so hard some days. It just is.

slapping forehead

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN