Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever have those days where all the natural, crunchy things you do don't seem worth it. it takes me more effort than the normal person to cloth diaper. so sometimes i dont see the point of CDĂ­ng. it's not like my son is potty training earlier than normal or anything. I work so hard to make our meals healthy and all i do is gain weight, and DH hasnt lost, and DS is just as healthy as the rest. its hard to see why ERF is good when you arent actually in a crash. I'm trying to be preventatively healthy while ttc and i'm still not pregnant. the cleaners and soaps dont make a difference for us. the list goes on and on. sorry i'm venting. i'm just tired and wondering if anyone else feels like this sometimes?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
lalaboosh
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I don't feel that way, but I started going green and healthy gradually. It's been a whole bunch of baby steps and now it's just how our family does things. I guess never having been a non crunchy mom it doesn't seem harder than the other ways of doing things. It will get better! You will figure out how things work for you! Keep on truckin!

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Yes!!! Especially when dd gets nasty diaper rashes from cloth and it clears up with sposies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

exactly!!! i fight this all the time. and the fact that i can put him in the car and by the time we get somewhere he has wet thru! that kid is like a fire hydrant!

Quoting peaches_04:

Yes!!! Especially when dd gets nasty diaper rashes from cloth and it clears up with sposies!

LondonsMomma84
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Yep

Quoting jillj501:

Maybe you don't see a difference but everything you are doing is making a difference! You are providing yourself and your family with healthy, nutritious foods and maybe you aren't losing weight but you are decreasing your chances for health problems like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. You are giving your children the nutrients they need to grow healthy, stong minds and bodies. You are teaching healthy habits to your children so they can live a healthy lifestyle more easily. Cloth diapering is saving you bucks and you are helping to protect the environment for your children and mine (thank you!). You may not physically "see" the benefits of the soaps and cleaners but, they are usually cheaper and you're probably experiencing health benefits anyways.

I disagree that your son is "as healthy as the rest". He's likely much healthier than the rest and almost certainly healthier than he would be otherwise. We don't really have a clue what the long term effects of all the garbage in processed foods are. Repeated exposure to toxic and carcinogenic chemicals cannot be good for our health.

I didn't realize it until a few weeks ago but my asthma has dramatically improved since we've made these changes. My pulmonary function has gone from 65% to 80%! My doctor, for the first time ever did not reccomend daily medication for my asthma.I was honestly shocked and thrilled. There is no doubt in my mind that the changes I have made, the same as you, is why my asthma has improved so dramatically. I also have no doubt that there are other ways that my body is functioning better even if I can't feel it and it can't be or hasn't been measured.

Personally, I am not even a little concerened about what others think about my choices. It's my body, my children, and my life. I am responsible for making it the best I can.

Keep up the good work. I know it's hard sometimes and it's okay to slip up sometimes. Heck, i had chicken nuggets and fries for luch (gasp). I do feel my body can handle the abuse since I usually make much better choices. :-)

Good job mama! It will be worth it in the long run!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Go back to why you chose to go the natural route in the first place.  Did you want to limit exposure to chemicals, save money, feel good about the decisions you make for your family?  That's what always keeps me going when my resolve is low.

jnttd
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Sounds like you're just frustrated and disappointed, momma. Remind yourself what a good mom you are for doing the best things possible for your family and yourself! It's all worth it, even when we're stressed or feel defeated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I haven't eaten fast food in forever, but it's so tempting to want to go the easy way and go through the drive through. Especially when I'm hungry, tired, and have no idea what to make for the next meal. Then I remember why I gave up fast food in the first place... Makes me feel like crap, bad for the environment, chemicals... Then I begrudgingly drive away and cuss out the fast food places for not making my life easier.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I have those days.  There are some days when I'm driving by a fast food place close to a meal time, look at all the cars in the parking lots and think "Is it really THAT bad?" But I know it is, so I don't give it.  It's so hard some days. It just is.

slapping forehead

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kyonarai
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I'll tell you about the fast food, it really IS that bad...After not eating it for awhile, and then breaking down and eating it, I will literally be in a passed out food coma for hours where I just can't hold my head up or stay awake to save my life. And I wake up feeling nauseous and with a headache and feeling more tired then before I was forcefully zonked out in the first place. Granted, I have low thyroid function, and thats the root of the lethargy, but the processed food makes it so much worse.

Also, anything with friggen overprocessed soy! Soy is not a health food, damnit! It's horrible for you in large quantities. And to all the health food people that cite the asian cultures that eat it, it's because they ferment it first to get rid of the nasty things in it, or only eat small amounts, as in the case of tofu. I get so sick of it being in friggen everything at the store nowadays!

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, the only time I ever cave in is because I know McDonalds has apple slices. Yea, they aren't organic or natural, but compared to french fries, they are great. I just toss the carmel dip that comes with them. But those apple slices have saved my butt a few times.

Quoting hapababies:

I haven't eaten fast food in forever, but it's so tempting to want to go the easy way and go through the drive through. Especially when I'm hungry, tired, and have no idea what to make for the next meal. Then I remember why I gave up fast food in the first place... Makes me feel like crap, bad for the environment, chemicals... Then I begrudgingly drive away and cuss out the fast food places for not making my life easier.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I have those days.  There are some days when I'm driving by a fast food place close to a meal time, look at all the cars in the parking lots and think "Is it really THAT bad?" But I know it is, so I don't give it.  It's so hard some days. It just is.

slapping forehead

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

haha when i was pregnant caramel and apple slices with water were all i wanted all the time!!! i always bought healthier caramel and apples for home, but mcdonalds was my go to for on the road. the guy at the drive thru thought i was nuts til he realized i was preggers. then he gave me extras for free. haha

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I know, the only time I ever cave in is because I know McDonalds has apple slices. Yea, they aren't organic or natural, but compared to french fries, they are great. I just toss the carmel dip that comes with them. But those apple slices have saved my butt a few times.

Quoting hapababies:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

slapping forehead

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)