Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

IN NEED OF A NATURAL BIRTHING CENTER :)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

HELLO! My name is Meg and i am a new member of this site and pregnant with my first dhild. I live in Bristol VA/TN. I am currently exhausting myself with trying to locate a birthing center that will allow me to use a birthing tub and bypass an epidural (by all means possible).  It seems that most birthing centers are overzealous about women lying on their backs to give birth, epidurals, and c - sections.  All of these methods are making me very nauseous lately. :) PLEASE HELP! 

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RADmomma
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

go with  midwife...birthing center

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I'm not sure you're looking in the right place-a birth center does not have the ability to do c-sections or epidurals-they would send you over to a hospital for those things. 

What you want to find ideally is a freestanding birth center or at least a birthing center that is attached to a hospital but run by midwives.  You could try to find bradley childbirth classes or a midwife or doula in your area that might be able to help you find a safe place to birth.

lundaylove
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM

these are homebirth midwives but one may know of a birth center

http://www.tnmidwives.org/directory.html

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM

do you live close to a hospital? would a homebirth with midwife be an option? i wouldnt hombirth if i lived more than 15-20 mins from a hospital but see no danger if you live close to one just in case and your pregnancy is low risk. freestanding birth centers are awesome but...they can be hard to find. 

RochelleFS
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Not sure. I'm in southeast VA. We are going with a home birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Heather on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I live in NJ and here there are no birth centers. I chose a home birth over a hospital. I hope you find a comfortable place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM

It sounds like you are looking at birthing centers attached to hospitals instead of a freestanding birthing center where epidurals and c-sections aren't performed.

Are you interested in learning more about homebirth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN