Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shampoo

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've been no 'poo since November.  I colored my hair (with a hair color I got from Whole Foods) a month ago and my hair has been sooooo greasy ever since.  This is way worse than my initial transition.  Thankfully, my hair is long enough to put up, now.  Anyway, DH really misses the scent of my hair when I used shampoo.  Because this greasy stage is lasting so long and also DH's feelings, I'm considering going back to shampoo.  What do you use?  I'd like to get something natural.  I'll probably buy it on Vitacost.  My hair, when using shampoo, was thick, fine, and oily.  Since I've been no 'poo, it's gotten even thicker.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Lush shampoo bars are fantastic! They have sls, but everything else is natural.
Even being (mostly) no poo, I occasionally need to wash, so I'll soak my scalp in oil then use this.

Also, you can add EOs to the bs for smelly goodness if you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Oh yeah. Sorry. I think it's

Lushusa.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I just use Dr.Bronners magic soap for hair and body. I prefer the peppermint and the almond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Dr Bronner's Baby Mild

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Bar.. http://www.vitacost.com/dr-bronners-bar-soap-baby-mild 

♥♥ Join us in  
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Liquid.. http://www.vitacost.com/dr-bronners-pure-castile-liquid-soap-baby-mild 

♥♥ Join us in  

BlessedWithLife
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Does any of that work on really long hair that tangles easily?  I want to buy some natural shampoo, but I'm not sure what to get yet.

ashuiren
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Any natural bar soap will work as shampoo. You may have to try a few to get one that works for your hair type. I use a beer soap that I make. When I was working on the recipe, I found that castor oil made the bar lather like shampoo without sls, so you might look for a soap that lists castor oil as an ingredient. Also, if you need a lot of product to keep your hair from being unruly, look for one with waxes or butters in the ingredients. I prefer ones without waxes because they're too heavy for my hair.

Charity

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas!

outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I use natures gate. I actually rotate between No Poo and natures gate shampoo. Typically use each of them every other day or so.

But i''m pregnant now and the smell of the ACV is making me wanna barf in the shower. :-/ So i might just be using shampoo the rest of my pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)