Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i have had a half a dozen people tell me in the past week that i was "brave" for having my baby at home.....like it was some harrowing experience or something.  it makes me wonder why everyone thinks its so dangerous, in my mind if you are low risk then its a safer option than a hospital birth which is why i birthed at home.  in fact i think mom's who birth in a hospital are WAAAAY more brave than i ever was :) 

still its strange to me that anyone would consider me brave for trusting my body and let nature takes it course!  do you think that home birthers are more "brave" than hospital birthers?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Replies (21-25):
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM

To me it's a cop out.  It's like "Oh you have to be abnormally strong to be able to do that" which makes them seem normal for going the hospital route.  It's similar to breastmilk is the "perfect food" for babies so if you're not a perfect parent you don't need to feel bad about not choosing to breastfeed.

PEACHES1721
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting peaches_04:

I think ppl that birth in hospitals are brave

doulala
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

hospitals are too risky for me

FebPenguins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

ALL MOMS are brave and I don't think being brave ends with where we deliver.

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
People think its dangerous bc our society is so indoctrinated with "you need medical intervention for everything".
I had my dd at a hospital. Next children will be homebirths or at the very most a birthing center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)