Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How close are you and baby when cosleeping?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 26 Replies
Hera and I both seem to sleep best when we're in bed together but not touching each other. Is that strange?

She also doesn't seem to like to comfort nurse or fall asleep at the breast, neither did her sister. Isis would even go so far as to reject the breast when she was hurt or upset, I think Hera might be the same way. I always read about moms who can calm a hurt or upset child by nursing. Kinda wish I could do that too, it seems like a fairy tale!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LondonsMomma84
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Mine didn't like to be calmed by nursing until he was at least 13 months old.  As a baby he was way too busy to nurse!  It was all business for him.  As a toddler, he began to really LOVE it and it could calm his tears in an instant.

That said, he also nursed to sleep every single time too.

louzannalady
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM

It is nice, but imagine being at a loss for what to do when your LO is fifteen months and is upset! You have to learn new ways really fast! : *( DS weaned himself by 13.5 months, because he did not like the change in my milk once I became pregnant. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MrsAdorkable
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Conner liked to be close, but I need my space to sleep. So we comprimised, he fell asleep close, then I scooted over and put my hand on him. 

He rarely nursed to sleep, and wasn't much of a comfort nurser at first (because of my OAL) but now that is his solution to everything! Sometimes when he is extremely upset/hurt he will push the breast away, but after calming a tiny bit changes his mind. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Ellie is practically in me lol. She is as close as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Once Trent falls asleep I roll over and sleep facing away from him.  He scoots around a lot and wakes me up otherwise.

_muffin_
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Eleanor likes to fall asleep right next to me, laying on her side towards me, as I pat her butt. She sometimes will nurse herself to sleep, but actually prefers her binky over the boob :( Once she falls asleep I roll over to the middle of the bed so I can have myself.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM

my daughter falls asleep at the breast and comfort nurses but she keeps her distance from me in bed unless she wants to nurse lol

edit: she wil be 18 months in a few weeks

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting louzannalady:

It is nice, but imagine being at a loss for what to do when your LO is fifteen months and is upset! You have to learn new ways really fast! : *( DS weaned himself by 13.5 months, because he did not like the change in my milk once I became pregnant. 

my daughter is almost 18 months and thats still her solution to every thing lol :O) but i dont want to have any more kids so we "milkin" this one up no pun intended lol

louzannalady
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I hear ya! I can't imagine the mess I will be when we wean our last baby! :*( I was crying the whole time DS dropped feedings, because I knew he was weaning himself! My only consulation was the fact I am pregnant and will have a LO to nurse in July! ; )

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting louzannalady:

my daughter is almost 18 months and thats still her solution to every thing lol :O) but i dont want to have any more kids so we "milkin" this one up no pun intended lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yeahi have nooo clue what i will do when elaina starts self weaning lol. I dont even want to think about it  , evey one keeps asking when we are weaning and I'm like ummm i dont knw when ever she weans I just dont want to think about it :O)

Quoting louzannalady:

I hear ya! I can't imagine the mess I will be when we wean our last baby! :*( I was crying the whole time DS dropped feedings, because I knew he was weaning himself! My only consulation was the fact I am pregnant and will have a LO to nurse in July! ; )

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting louzannalady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)