Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

funniest thing i read today

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 31 Replies
"Pit is not dangerous or they wouldn't give it, there are no risks with an epi". I think its time to leave my due date group. I can't believe how many inductions and C-sections there are and its not even May yet. It's a May due date group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

: *( I am with you! I am in the July group... The things these women say and are allowing their doctors to do them even though we are all around 30 weeks! I am scared crapless for them! : *( I keep making posts with links to help them make decisions on various topics, but I get no responses or anything.... I feel like I am crying out in the wilderness for no one at all to hear. : *(

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
That's sad to hear. My Feb DDG is a little crunchy-leaning. Almost 70% of the moms in that group are ebf! I wish everyone had a group like mine. There are a few who are super mainstream and already feeding solids and things like that but anytime someone posts something like that there are at least four or five replys siting the dangers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I haven't even joined a ddg for this one. Conner's ddg was about half and half, so I was able to stomach it most the time.

MILFInProgress
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I acually just left my ddg. There are a few natural moms but i think I just reached my last straw when someone attacked one of the natural Moms, and then pretty much said she was FOS because of herself being in the hospital. Sometimes natural birthers end up in the hospital for reasons out of their control. I have never heard or met a natural parent say that doctors are 100% unneeded. Thank god they are there for the times you do need them. The message we are trying to send is MOST women do not need interventions. But appearently even telling someone to do their own research and make their own desicions is bad, the only advice that is acceptable is to ask your doctor. Ironically we have a OB resident in that group and even she has told a mom or two they need to get a new doctor. So by the posters definition you should never question your doctor, but an actual doctor has questioned others doctors.

Ugh sory vent! Anyway you all will be seeing my face a lot more and I look forward to meeting more like minded Moms.

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly why i have decided to let you wonderful ladies be my support instead of a ddg for any future pregnancies. even with the very crunchy ddg i had with dS it was still bad. i got scared into doing some stuff i probably wouldnt have tried. :(

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hmm maybe if they don't think people should ask for advice from anyone other than their doctor then they shouldn't be on a parenting forum lol? 

Quoting MILFInProgress:

I acually just left my ddg. There are a few natural moms but i think I just reached my last straw when someone attacked one of the natural Moms, and then pretty much said she was FOS because of herself being in the hospital. Sometimes natural birthers end up in the hospital for reasons out of their control. I have never heard or met a natural parent say that doctors are 100% unneeded. Thank god they are there for the times you do need them. The message we are trying to send is MOST women do not need interventions. But appearently even telling someone to do their own research and make their own desicions is bad, the only advice that is acceptable is to ask your doctor. Ironically we have a OB resident in that group and even she has told a mom or two they need to get a new doctor. So by the posters definition you should never question your doctor, but an actual doctor has questioned others doctors.

Ugh sory vent! Anyway you all will be seeing my face a lot more and I look forward to meeting more like minded Moms.

toopicky429
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
People are dumb. There are risks with everything. The doctor and nurses should make the patient aware of the risks. I know my doctor told me, but then again my OB also encourages the use of midwives for a more personal experience. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Sure. Ok. Did anyone bother to even Wiki pit and epi? Even there they have the side effects listed.  I'm still glad I didn't join one of those groups. The pregnancy group is a handle full in itself.

toopicky429
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM
As a LPN I have to be very careful what advice I give someone. Technically I am only able to say ask your doctor. Especially if it is something health related.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

Hmm maybe if they don't think people should ask for advice from anyone other than their doctor then they shouldn't be on a parenting forum lol? 

Quoting MILFInProgress:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM
The last few weeks in my Feb ddg were a little rough. Thankfully everyone had healthy babies and reasonably good recoveries. Although this was my third child it was my first time in a ddg- and from everything I've read it's about as civil and understanding/accepting as it gets anywhere on cafemom.
Good luck to you (and all your ddg ladies) on your impending arrivals:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN