Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth friend hospitals/OBs

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell is where (city/state), what hospital or what OB(or both), and what the positives are about these places.(no pressure, baby friendly status, no formula giftbags, no IV required, water birth allowed, etc etc) This post will be edited as replies are added.

Arizona

Boojum ob/gyn-Chandler, AZ

drkells.com-Chandler, AZ

Chandler Regional-Chandler, AZ

Mercy Gilbert hospital- Chandler- AZ

California

Kaiser-Roseville, Antioch, and Walnut Creek, CA

Illinois

Rush Copley Medical Center-Aurora, IL

Louisiana

Willis-Knighton South, Shreveport, Louisiana

Massachusetts

Cambridge hospital-Cambridge, MA

Minnesota

St. Joseph's Hospital-St.Paul, Minnesota

Nebraska

niversity of Nebraska medical center-Omaha, Nebraska

New Hampshire

Caring Partners (Dr. Mueller)-Rochester NH

Frisbie Memorial Hospital-Rochester NH

Nevada

Dr. Steven Harter (delivers at Summerlin and Centennial Hills hospitals) Reno-Nevada

Mike O'Callaghan hospital on Nellis AFB- Las Vegas, NV

Texas

Sid Peterson Regional Medical Center-Kerrville, TX

Washington

St. Joseph's Hospital-Bellingham, Washinton

Dr. Frederick J. Gunningham- Bellingham, Washington

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (121-130):
ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Harrison in Fort Worth is great, even allows for water births.
marleasmommy91
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Dr. Ljunggren - Contemporary Healthcare for Women in Lincoln, NE

She's the best Ob/Gyn that I could find in Lincoln.

Bryan LGH East - The nurses/doctors are extremely nice and I think they have the best L&D besides Saint Elizabeth (I do not like that hospital, long story)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM

PA- Wayne Memorial, Honesdale,PA they have a birth center type area and they are super supportive of homeopathy and other non-traditonal means.  They even have red raspberry leaf tea, a large birth tub, and several very great midwives.  If you need intervention it is on the other side of the birth suite area, but otherwise they never mention it.  The only thing they ask if that you get a heplok but mine was out immediately after my placenta was delivered. 

mikkosmommy
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Vernon memorial hospital viroqua, wi.
VBAC and natural friendly (no OBs on staff, only family drs and midwives so only low risk births, VBAC isn't considered high risk, which it shouldn't be), water birth, birthing stool, birthing bar available.

Oh yeah and if you want disposable diapers bring your own they only provide cloth :)

No nursery, all baby's room in, all assessments done in mama's room. Nursing on demand encouraged, no schedule or charts to fill out, and not one nurse batted an eye that my baby slept in bed with me the two nights I had to stay... They will discharge you after 8 hours if you are ready to go home. I hemorrhaged so I had to stay two nights (36 hrs) until we were comfortable with my bleeding.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I think we need more hospitals on this list...

pnutmom2001
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Darnall Army Medical Center- Ft. Hood, Tx

Large midwifery practice (14 midwives)
All low risk women see midwives
Centering Pregnancy
No formula bags
Need provider orders to give babies formula
Rooming in (there is no nursery)
Waterbirths
VBACs encouraged
Wireless monitors (if continuous monitoring is needed)
Birthing balls in every room
Squat bars
Mirrors
No non-medically indicated inductions before 41weeks
littlemonaghan
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM
St joes in Tacoma, wa is natural/water birth friendly and their team if midwives are amazing
Kt6713
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Bethlehem, PA The Midwives & Associates
I am actually waiting for my first appointment with this practice myself, but I was delivered by this practice when they were the Allentown-Bethlehem Birth & Midwifierie center, and subsequently named after one of the 2 midwives who sold the practice to the current owners. I have done my research on these ladies, and they 100% have mother & babies best interest at heart. In 1996 the midwives walked out of one of the 2 major hospital systems in the area because the doctors were pressuring them into giving their patients unnecessary procedures to increase the revenue from their patients because they didn't net the hospital as much as a normal labor and delivery would. How could I not want these amazing women to guide me through my first adventure into motherhood?
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Jordan Hospital in Plymouth MA was good and didnt give me a hard time about no ivs, no cfm. Left me alone to labor, per my request.
They did require me to birth on my back in bed which I didn't like. But they did have a couple rooms with birthing tubs
redmummyof3
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM

hamilton on canada

st josephs hostpital and maturtity center

and the midwives of hamilton

dr keya bracken  family doc/ ob/gyn

dr j george

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)