Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth friend hospitals/OBs

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell is where (city/state), what hospital or what OB(or both), and what the positives are about these places.(no pressure, baby friendly status, no formula giftbags, no IV required, water birth allowed, etc etc) This post will be edited as replies are added.

Arizona

Boojum ob/gyn-Chandler, AZ

drkells.com-Chandler, AZ

Chandler Regional-Chandler, AZ

Mercy Gilbert hospital- Chandler- AZ

California

Kaiser-Roseville, Antioch, and Walnut Creek, CA

Illinois

Rush Copley Medical Center-Aurora, IL

Louisiana

Willis-Knighton South, Shreveport, Louisiana

Massachusetts

Cambridge hospital-Cambridge, MA

Minnesota

St. Joseph's Hospital-St.Paul, Minnesota

Nebraska

niversity of Nebraska medical center-Omaha, Nebraska

New Hampshire

Caring Partners (Dr. Mueller)-Rochester NH

Frisbie Memorial Hospital-Rochester NH

Nevada

Dr. Steven Harter (delivers at Summerlin and Centennial Hills hospitals) Reno-Nevada

Mike O'Callaghan hospital on Nellis AFB- Las Vegas, NV

Texas

Sid Peterson Regional Medical Center-Kerrville, TX

Washington

St. Joseph's Hospital-Bellingham, Washinton

Dr. Frederick J. Gunningham- Bellingham, Washington

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Colorado: mountain midwifery, licensed and accredited free standing birth center, next door to Swedish hospital.
millievanillie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Anyone birth in Shands Gainesville Fl? Just looking for info advice, first time giving birth getting nervous!

mama_4_peace
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Indiana- dr. John labban delivers at Bloomington hospital which is very natural birth friendly
Trailerparkmom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Wish I could add to this list. :-( both hospitals in springfield IL are very medical, natural birth is possible but conditions must be perfect and it will be a fight with the staff. Natural aftercare is even harder. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofseven609
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Hopewell, New Jersey

Capital Health

squish
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM

The ONLY truly natural supportive hospital in California is Sutter Davis. They have midwives on staff 24 hours, they have waterbirths, you can opt out of anything and they don't make you feel like your baby is going to die. They have a volunteer doula program (that I was a part of for a short time) and you can request a doula free of charge. They are ALL trained to assist with breastfeeding. Rooming in is standard.

All the rest are intervention happy from the moment you get pregnant. I have Kaiser Roseville, and I would not birth there, despite the fact that we have absolutely no co-pay.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Add to the list Swedish in Issaquah.  I hear the one at First Hill is also very natural birth friendly, but I don't have personal experience with them.  The one in issaquah has amazing staff, some of whom have had experience with some form of self-hypnosis (I was using hypnobabies) and were very supportive.  I had Dr. Sheive.

mrs_smiph
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Great post!!!  I'm looking for natural birth information in southeast Georgia.  I had my first home birth in San Diego, CA (Brooke Ray and Sunshine Crispeels are awesome if you'd like to add them to the list) and have moved home to GA.  The closest home-birthing midwife I've found is in Savannah but she's two hours (one-way) from my home.  Even though she's agreed to be with us for our second home birth (I'm not even pregnant yet though lol), it's pretty inconvenient.  

IslandMama21
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I had a great experience with my daughter at Sharp Mary Birch Womens Hospital in San Diego. Had the best L&D nurse who listened and had compassion for what we had gone through in our first birth. Triage read my birth plan and adhered to it...they let  me walk out my contractions until I was fully dialated and I went straight to deliver. The doctor who delivered me was not my doc but she just let me do the work and said "I will just wait for you to push"...3 pushes and my daughter came out. She came straight to my chest and I held her for the first hour before they did the newborn check. I had excellent care and felt very attended to. I left the hospital the next day.

Ichthus
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM

St. Ann's in Columbus, OH. They had a birthing tub that I was planning to use, but didn't make it long enough to get to that. The nurse would not let me go without the IV catheter. I don't know if I fought long enough if she would have given in, but I didn't want to get on her bad side. They were great about not fighting me or making me feel bad about not vaxing and no eye goop. They even asked if I wanted the vit. k shot. I did it because of my medical issues affecting baby.

Dr. Isabelle in Worthington, OH. There are two nurse midwives, and they are great about trying to work with your desires as much as possible. I liked Rebecca more than Emily, but that was just my preference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN